TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P85D 155 mph top speed

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by KyP85D, Jul 14, 2015.

1. KyP85D

KyP85D Member

Out of curiosity, how many p85d owners in the U.S. Have actually been able to go beyond 132. I have the latest .250 and have never been able to do so. I'm wondering if it is because I am running my 19 in wheels. I have factory 21 in turbines which came on the car that I haven't yet put back on for the summer. After many attempts under various conditions I'm always capped at 132.

2. George Parrott

I saw 137 mph crossing Nevada in May and I was still picking up speed when I "chickened out" and backed off....

3. sorka

sorka Active Member

How man KW are being pulled continuously at 137 MPH? Is it a lot more than the 112 KW we briefly see supercharging on an almost empty battery?

4. SabrToothSqrl

SabrToothSqrl Active Member

my S85 is capped at 140 I believe, but I've also chickened out around 114.... or you know... lived to tell about it.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

My P85D capped out at 130mph (foot to the floor) @ 100F around Mojave, CA with Range Mode on. Note that the vehicle was loaded (3 humans + scooter + luggage).

I was on .236 firmware at the time.

6. MsElectric

MsElectric Active Member

The road that goes to the Tesla Giga Factory is I presume private property. Tesla should make that the first Autobahn of the US without speed limits so those visiting for Giga Factory tours can test their max speed limits :)

7. joefee

joefee Over 2 Million TMC page views

GREAT IDEA...the Texas mile in NV!