Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D 2015 CPO $70k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New (soon to be) owner of an S, and June '16 Model 3 reservation holder.

Like others on here - I'm sure - I couldn't wait until my Model 3 delivery, so I pushed forward with a Model S.

For the past few months, I've been checking the Used Inventory page almost every day. My minimum requirements are AWD, AP and above 250 charge.

I finally went for it a couple days ago, with a CPO early 2015 P85D for $71.3.

Seems like a steal. My question is, is the price too good to be true? Is there anything I'm missing on this? I'm not concerned with the mileage (46k). I'll list the specs below.

• 85 kWh Battery
  • Dual Motor all wheel drive
  • 253 miles range (EPA)
  • 3.2 seconds 0-60 mph
  1. All-Wheel Drive Dual Motor
  2. Grey Metallic Paint
  3. Body Color Roof
  4. 19" Wheels
  5. Black Leather Seats
  6. Piano Black Décor
  7. Textile Headliner
  8. Tesla Red Brake Calipers
  9. Free Supercharging
  10. Dual Chargers
  11. Autopilot Hardware 1
  12. Smart Air Suspension
  13. Subzero Weather Package
Tech Package with Autopilot

The Tech Package adds Autopilot convenience features and more to an already advanced car.
  • Traffic-aware cruise control
  • Lane keeping with automatic steering
  • Self-parking
  • LED fog and cornering lights with automatic high beams
  • Automatic keyless entry
  • Lighted door handles
  • Power liftgate
  • Electrochromatic mirrors
  • Power folding, heated side mirrors with memory
  • GPS enabled Homelink
Autopilot features are made available through progressive software updates. Lane keeping and self-parking updates will be available soon.

Good deal, especially as it looks like it comes with the 4 year CPO warranty. Cheapest so far of the P85D with the full warranty that have sold. One sold last week for a grand more with half the miles and pano roof. I’m interested to see how the P85D holds value as there are quite a few of them available. Enjoy it!

Good deal, especially as it looks like it comes with the 4 year CPO warranty. Cheapest so far of the P85D with the full warranty that have sold. One sold last week for a grand more with half the miles and pano roof. I’m interested to see how the P85D holds value as there are quite a few of them available. Enjoy it!
Yes, it does come with the 4 year, 50k mile warranty. Very excited about it.

Any other thoughts? $71.3k still seems like a small price to pay for what I'm buying. Comes with a solid roof, standard leather seats, no enhanced audio system, (well aware of AP1 vs Enhanced). Is there anything else I'm missing with this?

I think it's fair, actually. You may not care about the mileage, but prices do and should reflect high mileage, so there's that. Also body color roof is usually a pretty decent discount in CPO and private. Most people want the glass roof. Still a good deal, but those are reasons for the discount. I've seen 85D's (a couple) going in the low $60k's, so $71k for a P model isn't too far off. Stop worrying about it! :D

You got a great deal! You will enjoy it.
From my analysis the low price was for the lack of Next-Gen seats. And Sunroof.

You got a heated steering wheel. Cold Weather Package is somewhat rare, and not all P85Ds with the cold weather package included a heated steering wheel. I think it was a mid-year addition.