Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Acceleration and Performance Statistics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a few tests today (rolling times), respectively at 87% and 53% SOC.
The results are quite interesting:

80-120kmh (50-75mph) : 2.3s at 87% and 2.7s at 53%
100-140kmh (60-85mph) : 3.1s at 87% and 3.5s at 53%

Clearly, the level of charge has a significant impact on performance.
We already knew that... but now we have some figures.

How are you measuring? If you're using a vbox, you can add whatever ranges of x to y speed you want and it will analyze a single run and give you the times between each range...even overlapping ranges.

That said, you should consider posting results in standard time ranges widely published for other cars and widely used here for comparison such as 50-70 and 70-90.

Kind of funny to take mostly official road test times, and then use "Owner measured using Gtech SS" for a time that is about half a second inside of everybody else ;)

only because we are all waiting for more data on the new 85D. That's why the data source is referenced so people can take it in context.
In time when Sorka and others get more data from VBox etc the chart can be updated with performance at different SoCs to provide a wider reference.
I would also like to see performance data from repeat runs to see how well the cooling works, how quickly the power is reigned in and how quickly it recovers.
as a wiki this can just grow over time for the benefit of all.

Snowrider, thanks for the numbers. What do your fellow Swiss think about your P85D? Guessing you have one of the few in Lausanne.

Huge success here in Lausanne with my P85D... As far as I know, there are only 2 P85Ds in town : the other one is owned by felixtb, a very active member on this forum.
One can see much more P85Ds and other MS in Geneva, which is only 40 miles away from Lausanne. But all in all, the MS is still perceived as "unusual", even in Switzerland where people tend to spend a lot for their car.

- - - Updated - - -

@sorka: I know that's not very professional... but I simply used a stopwatch. Surely far less accurate than a good old vbox, but still... For each test I did 2 different runs (which mean that I did 8 runs in total). The difference between the 2 runs for a single test was always under +/- 0.1 seconds, which probably means that the number are not completely wrong.
Regarding the time ranges, I used kmh instead of mph (I'm in Europe), which leads to different measures (50-70mph doesn't make much sense in kmh (80-112kmh). That said, I can try to measure 50-70mph and 70-90mph in my next test session...

Huge success here in Lausanne with my P85D... As far as I know, there are only 2 P85Ds in town : the other one is owned by felixtb, a very active member on this forum.
One can see much more P85Ds and other MS in Geneva, which is only 40 miles away from Lausanne. But all in all, the MS is still perceived as "unusual", even in Switzerland where people tend to spend a lot for their car.

- - - Updated - - -

@sorka: I know that's not very professional... but I simply used a stopwatch. Surely far less accurate than a good old vbox, but still... For each test I did 2 different runs (which mean that I did 8 runs in total). The difference between the 2 runs for a single test was always under +/- 0.1 seconds, which probably means that the number are not completely wrong.
Regarding the time ranges, I used kmh instead of mph (I'm in Europe), which leads to different measures (50-70mph doesn't make much sense in kmh (80-112kmh). That said, I can try to measure 50-70mph and 70-90mph in my next test session...

Not invalid. It's just good to specify the testing conditions as much as possible so that comparisons can be made. Using a stopwatch isn't invalid. It may not be as repeatable due to human factor especially when compared from one human to the next, but it's still welcome data.

Recent test on the way home. SOC 82% Max Battery Ready! - Best 0-60 was 3.163. Max kW 392. v17.26.17 and 35,000 miles.

Attachments

• MS P85D Best 0-60 07 14 2017.png
    MS P85D Best 0-60 07 14 2017.png
    354.3 KB · Views: 71