TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P85D acceleration compared to Disney's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Discussion in 'Model S' started by a0128, Feb 7, 2015.

1. a0128

a0128 Member

Been on Disney's R 'n' R, haven't driven a P85D yet. For those of you who have had the benefit of both, would you say the acceleration is roughly the same? BTW - The coaster accelerates from 0 to 57 miles per hour in 2.8 seconds. So I would imagine getting to 60 would probably add .4 seconds.

2. PatD

PatD Member

It's been two-three years since I've been on that coaster, but it's EXACTLY the feeling I got when I mashed the pedal on a P85D the first time. Exactly the same? Can't say, but close enough for me!

3. LetsGoFast

LetsGoFast Active Member

FWIW, the additional 3mph should take almost exactly 0.1 seconds if acceleration is linear. So it would be a smidge faster than the P85D.

But yes, the most common comparison people make to the P85D feeling is to the linear induction motors used to launch modern roller coasters.

4. David99

David99 Active Member

California Screamin, the ride in Disney's California Adventure park, has an acceleration of 0-55 in 4 seconds.
    The R'n'R coaster accelerates from 0 to 57 miles per hour in 2.8 seconds.