Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Brake Noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New P85D. Got it less than two months ago. Last week, had SC put 21s to replace the 19s I got the car with. Shortly after, I started to notice a squeal as the car comes to a stop after applying the brakes at very low speeds. Don't believe I heard that noise before getting the 21s. Normal? Could the installation of the 21s be causing this? Any thoughts welcome. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. Poor attempt at humor. You wrote "breaks" instead of "brakes."

That said, I wouldn't think changing the wheel size should have any effect on brake squeal. If the pads and rotors were new and not properly bedded in you could develop squeal, but they wouldn't have been replaced during a wheel change.

New P85D. Got it less than two months ago. Last week, had SC put 21s to replace the 19s I got the car with. Shortly after, I started to notice a squeal as the car comes to a stop after applying the brakes at very low speeds. Don't believe I heard that noise before getting the 21s. Normal? Could the installation of the 21s be causing this? Any thoughts welcome. Thanks.
Excuse the necrobump, but having the same issue. Did you find a solution, or can anyone relate to this?