TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P85D (E battery) maintains high charge rate longer?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Matias, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Matias

Matias Active Member

2. docgarner

docgarner Member

Seemed that way on mine the other day. I took it to the nearby supercharger and it was putting out > 100amp at 350V until right toward the end.

3. yoyo

yoyo Member

do not know if it is display error or what. But with 90 miles rated remaining, the charge started at 368v 280A ! (196miles/hour).
    I charged it to 85%, and it was still around 103A toward the very end. It took less than 30 minutes to charge to 212 (added 122 miles).

I did not check what was the charging rate in between, as the car did not want to wake up with mobile app.

4. Bighorn

Bighorn Member

Haven't seen anyone document rate constant for the number of Watt-hours per rated mile added at a supercharger. I realize this has been changing weekly as firmware raises the rated range, but it would be nice to be able to compare with the 300Wh/m rate of the P85.