Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D For Sale or Lease Transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
December 2014 P85D Build. 13,000 miles w/ brand new tires. Car is pristine - no issues and no stories! Located in Nashville, TN

Specs are as follows:
2014 Model S P85D
Silver Metallic Paint
All Glass Pano Roof
21" Grey Turbine Wheels
Carbon Fiber Trim
Black Next Gen Seats
Black Headliner
Autopilot Package
Premium Interior Package
Smart Air Suspension
Subzero Weather Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Car has every option offered with the exception of the 3rd row seats.

Asking $101,000 or take over lease @ ~$1470 mo with 23 Months and approx 22K miles remaining.

Email or with any questions: [email protected].

A few photos - email me if you would like more photos or more info.

Thanks -

Attachments

• IMG_2879.JPG
    IMG_2879.JPG
    681.9 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    743.2 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_2877.JPG
    IMG_2877.JPG
    759.7 KB · Views: 175
Reactions: SD_Engnr
Most 2014 models are selling between 55 and 65 thousand. What makes your car worth more?

2014 was the first year for dual drivetrain cars and autopilot. You might be able to find a 60kwh rear wheel drive, pre-autopilot car for 55 - 60k but definitely not a P85D. You wouldn't even find an 85D for that price. I know because I'd buy it and there'd be a line of people behind me. :)

I do agree that while the OP is perfectly reasonable in thinking he can just transfer the lease to someone else and the deal will be good because they're not putting anything down, Tesla has completely cannibalized the second hand market for the P85D and effectively locked existing leasee's into their cars because not many people are going to take over a lease at $1400 a month when they know that people were getting the P90DL's for $700 though admittedly with some money down.

It's a tough situation. I feel bad for the seller.

I suspect an informed buyer will know there is a vast difference between the OP vehicle's capabilities and value as compared to the vehicle that is offered at the link above.
Help me out, the prices are $40k apart, how is the OP that much better? Not trying to be a jerk, I just don't understand. The Comparison car is the same battery and motor, will have CPO warrantee? No AP. $55k vs $95k is a lot of money.

Help me out, the prices are $40k apart, how is the OP that much better? Not trying to be a jerk, I just don't understand. The Comparison car is the same battery and motor, will have CPO warrantee? No AP. $55k vs $95k is a lot of money.

RWD vs AWD
50000 miles vs 13000 miles (whether this makes much of a difference is certainly debatable!)
Next-gen seats
Autopilot

And significant performance and handling differences.
Tesla Model S P85D VS. P85+ Drag Race - Gas 2

One would have to decide for themselves whether performance, a few options and ~37k miles of wear and tear constitutes a $40k difference in value.

They are both great vehicles.....one would be more "entertaining" for some folks.

Driving both models may be the only real way to determine what you want know.

Thanks for the help. Interesting.

I just picked up a brand new S90D, 2 weeks ago. The price wasn't very different then the original asking price here. I didn't want air or 21", and didn't pay for them, but I got my choice of colors and new. It is an interesting contrast to this deal. I don't know what the price would be to really sell this car, I guess it is between $55 and $100k somewhere?

I don't even know where to start with this. You're comparing a pre-autopilot 2013 P85 with 50,000 miles to the OP's 2014 P85D with autopilot and just 13,000 miles. The two cars aren't even close.

Go find a P85D with a price tag in the 60's. It doesn't exist. I don't even think they exist in the 70's and if they do they'd be a unicorn. If everyone thought an early production P85 was on par with a P85D nobody would buy the P85Ds. Since we know that's not the case, this is kind of a silly comparison.