Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Insane Mode Discontinued?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of a 2016 P85D on 12/31/15. My buddy was at Tesla and noticed the p85d is no longer an option. I checked online and no longer on the design studio. They no longer offer "insane mode". Only "ludacris mode" on the p90d.

Since the upgrade from p85d insane to p90d ludacris was $13k, is my 2016 p85d a rare commodity or did my resale value just plummet?

Anyone have any further information? Feeling slightly discouraged 3 months into ownership.....

Regardless the car is beyond amazing.

I took delivery of a 2016 P85D on 12/31/15. My buddy was at Tesla and noticed the p85d is no longer an option. I checked online and no longer on the design studio. They no longer offer "insane mode". Only "ludacris mode" on the p90d.

Since the upgrade from p85d insane to p90d ludacris was $13k, is my 2016 p85d a rare commodity or did my resale value just plummet?

Anyone have any further information? Feeling slightly discouraged 3 months into ownership.....

Regardless the car is beyond amazing.
why would you be feeling discouraged because of the elimination of a variant of your car? I don't think those changes mean that much to your resale value.

Oh so that was a humble brag. Written to elicit a comment like mine so that you can then reply correcting me with your clever scheme. :)

I admit a pretty cool trick to have the foresight to ask for next year's vin.

There certainly is resale value in being officially (that is by the VIN number) a newer model year than an older model year.

btw, picking up a 2016 in 2015 has nothing to do with whether insane mode is discontinued so I couldn't resist making that observation and trying to salvage some value in a thread that otherwise has only false speculation. (I know, imagine finding false speculation on the internet! - oh the horrors)

edited to blunt elbows and add appropriate emoticons.

Last edited:
btw, picking up a 2016 in 2015 has nothing to do with whether insane mode is discontinued so I couldn't resist making that observation and trying to salvage some value in a thread that otherwise has only false speculation. (I know, imagine finding false speculation on the internet! - oh the horrors)

I didn't think anyone would fall into my "trap":)

My information was based on a call i made to Tesla HQ. Apparently the employee was incorrect.