TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P85D Interior Photos

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by GetAmped, Dec 18, 2014.

1. GetAmped

GetAmped Member

Posting this thread for pictures of the P85D Interiors.

- - - Updated - - -

I drove a demo P85D today that had the Old Non Performance seats in front and back (VIN 55056) and sat in a new about to be delivered P85D (VIN 62114) that had the Next Gen seats in the Front and newer (Non Next Gen) seats in the back that have the larger headrests but not so much bolstering as the new Next Gen back seats have. Following are pictures of the new Sun Visors (with Larger Vanity Mirrors), Black Headliner and upgraded trim, and the new Next Gen front seats. *Notice the VIN range between the two cars is 7,058...

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

2. Dvc

Dvc Member

Did you take any photo of the back seat? Strange that they deliver a next gen front but not the back seat.

3. JKW

JKW Member

Is the whole top of the dash done in Alcantara?

4. GetAmped

GetAmped Member

I did not take photos of the back seats, they look the same as on the configurator for the non Next Gen seats. With respect to the Dash, in the first picture if you zoom in you can see that there is a combination of hard material and soft Alcantara. I think it looks as good as my neighbours Bently. Overall the interior is very nice with the premium interior option.

5. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Well-Known Member

Was the P85D that was about to be delivered going to be delivered to a friend of yours, or did they just let you sit in a random person's car?

6. GetAmped

GetAmped Member

@ Andyw2100

The car had not yet went through detailing, so they will let you sit in one only if it hasn't been prepared for delivery.

7. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

I'm surprised they're delivering customer cars with the old rear seats. Guess there was some benefit to waiting a bit to order?

New front seats look great. Wish I could get those.

8. Andyw2100

I wound up commenting on this in the other thread. This surprises me. Maybe it's no big deal, but should Tesla really be using customer's cars for anything?

9. randompersonx

randompersonx Member

Many car dealers across different brands do this, and it is honestly part of the reason I want to collect my car ASAP after it is delivered to the SC.

10. Study Joe

Study Joe Member

#10 Study Joe, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    I test drove a P85D at the DC store today. These are the rear seats. I was told they are the real P85D seats. I was clearly provided incorrect information!! Now I am pissed! My apologies for posting incorrect information.

Attached Files:

11. Andyw2100

Those back seats are not the next gen seats. The vertical seam down the center of the seat is the best indication of that. Check the Teslamotors.com site to see the differences, and you will see what I mean.

12. Study Joe

Study Joe Member

I just saw someone post a photo of their newly delivered P85D with the new bolstered rear seats. I am kind of pissed the DC store people did not tell me the rear seats were old! I even told them the seats were what I was most interested in looking at in the new car. I am taking down the photos I posted. Now I am beginning to wonder if the front seats on the car I drove will even be the same as the ones being delivered to customers. Very pissed off!!! For $130,000 I better be getting at least honest information!

13. Andyw2100

No need to take your photos down. They were good shots of what a lot of P85D purchasers will actually be getting at first.

A lot of us are getting those seats temporarily, until the next generation seats are available, at which time they'll be swapped in.

Many of the test drive cars do have the next gen in front and the older seats that you took a picture of in the back. I think Tesla was doing that so people could try out the next gens at least a little.

There does seem to be a lot of confusion surrounding the seats, so it's possible the people you spoke to in DC were just confused themselves.

14. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

But they should know better.

15. Study Joe

Study Joe Member

AGREED!! For $130,000 I better be getting all the information. I am extremely pissed off!!

16. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Take a deep breath. Trust us, once you are driving a model S you'll forget all about it. If you have a question, ask away. The collective group here can answer just about any question you can come up with.

17. bluenation

bluenation Member

...i really hope this foolish confusion by tesla wont be repeated with the x. as i said earlier, SUV shoppers will be less forgiving than first-product, performance sedan buyer-cum-enthusiasts.

18. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Don't worry... I'm sure the Model X launch will be perfect and completely free of any drama whatsoever. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

On another note... Has anyone seen any next gen seats in anything other than black?

19. REBroker

REBroker Member

Wait a sec, that's all gray, no black behind the front seats or on the doors... I hope that's just some custom stuff as I prefer the black and gray combo. I have gray seats on order.

20. evboost

evboost Member

Looks like a bad flash washout to me.