Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Interior Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not take photos of the back seats, they look the same as on the configurator for the non Next Gen seats. With respect to the Dash, in the first picture if you zoom in you can see that there is a combination of hard material and soft Alcantara. I think it looks as good as my neighbours Bently. Overall the interior is very nice with the premium interior option.

Wow, somehow I missed that the dash material had changed. Looks good.

Wow, somehow I missed that the dash material had changed. Looks good.

I am sure many people do not realize that the Alcantara headliner (black or white) now comes with part of the dash being covered with black Alcantara.
It's hard to see on the website and I only knew because I test-drove a car that already had it installed.

Even though I liked the black Alcantara headliner, I did not like this material on the dashboard at all and had to order my vehicle with a the textile headliner in order to get the smooth dash!
However, people have commented in a different thread that the Alcantara dash may decrease light reflections in the windshield.

I am sure many people do not realize that the Alcantara headliner (black or white) now comes with part of the dash being covered with black Alcantara.
It's hard to see on the website and I only knew because I test-drove a car that already had it installed.

Even though I liked the black Alcantara headliner, I did not like this material on the dashboard at all and had to order my vehicle with a the textile headliner in order to get the smooth dash!
However, people have commented in a different thread that the Alcantara dash may decrease light reflections in the windshield.
I'm pretty sure they don't actually show this on the website. Hopefully I will like it as I had assumed the dash would be identical to the one I just traded in. In one sense I like the idea of getting a slightly different car but it seems a bit risky to deploy changes that most people haven't seen or are unaware of.

I'm pretty sure they don't actually show this on the website. Hopefully I will like it as I had assumed the dash would be identical to the one I just traded in. In one sense I like the idea of getting a slightly different car but it seems a bit risky to deploy changes that most people haven't seen or are unaware of.

It is shown on the website, but you have to look very carefully. This was mentioned as part of the 'small updates along with dual drive' blog post: Dual Motor Model S and Autopilot | Blog | Tesla Motors

Updates to Alcantara interior trim, such as wrapped roof bow and top pad

Looks like a bad flash washout to me.

Yes I can confirm this is a bad flash effect. The interior is all black. Not custom. I took the photo in a parking garage and I did not spend much time with ISO and shutter speed so I just used my flash. It was a lazy picture. I was so excited to see the seats (what I thought were the performance seats) and so excited to drive it I snapped two really quick pictures and jumped in to take it for a drive.

The dash does have an Alcantara insert. I saw it on the demo in Toronto and quite liked it.
The picture in post #1 shows it, I just hadn't seen it advertised though apparently it was. I notice that the picture shows a striping effect. I'm not sure if that is normal or achieved by brushing in different directions. Will definitely be getting any cheap detailing once I get this car (not that I did for my last car).

Here are some photos from the grey Next Gen (front only). Carbon finish, without the premium interior package.

IMG_0648.JPG
IMG_0647.JPG
IMG_0650.JPG
IMG_0649.JPG
IMG_0646.JPG
IMG_0645.JPG
IMG_0644.JPG
IMG_0643.JPG
90percentChargeRated.JPG
90percentChargeIdeal.JPG
IMG_0651.JPG

It looks like I have the Premium Interior Package, without the Interior accent lighting? I did not order/pay for the Premium Interior Package. I wouldn't assume you'll get the same free upgrade.

Attachments

• PanoShot.JPG
    PanoShot.JPG
    267.3 KB · Views: 939
Last edited: