TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

P85D Ludicrous Performance Question

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by kirkbauer, May 31, 2016.

1. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

May 31, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    So I think I'm just getting used to the performance (sadly) but sometimes I feel like there isn't much of a difference in my P85D after I got the Ludicrous upgrade a few months ago. I haven't done any track time nor do I have anything to record actual metrics so I'm sure I'm not an accurate judge.

But then a few days ago I was having fun with a 911 Turbo (not exactly sure of the year, but definitely less than 10 years old). He out-accelerated me from 50 to 100. Is that expected? Even with Ludicrous is this expected? I did have only about a 50% charge though.
  2. NSX1992

NSX1992 Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Thousand Oaks,CA
    Yes you get used to Ludicrous and then you can't tell much of a difference. That is why I go to the drags to determine exactly the difference. I got slightly more than .2 sec improvement both in the 1/8 and 1/4 mile drags.

You need about 90% charge for best results, 50% is way too low. Yes above 50 miles per hour a fast ICE will beat the Tesla.