Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Ludicrous Pre-Order Upgrade Available 9/25/15

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The only thing in your post is a link back to the top of the thread.

??????

anigif_enhanced-buzz-4793-1422547939-13.gif

Tesla logic at its finest. Why is the retrofit cheaper than the $10K upcharge for new orders? You still have to pony up an extra $3K to get the 90.

The retrofit doesn't include the bigger battery. It's for the fuse and contactors (and labor) only.

Also people believe the "half-price" retrofit was some sort of nod to early adopters, possibly to make up for the missing horsepower, or possibly to make up for the fact that there weren't supposed to be any major changes to the S for at least a year.

Unfortunately, doing this as an upgrade means it likely won't be covered in the event our cars are totaled in an accident. I currently have full replacement value, which is interesting because you can't order a P85DL. Hmm.

I'm interested in the question of whether my late-2014 P85D with the stiffer sport suspension and next-gen seats all around will be worth enough more at time of resale to make the Ludicrous mode upgrade worthwhile. So far we've seen one vote Yes and one vote No; it would be great if a few more folks who have performance/tuning experience would chime in on the issue.

I'm interested in the question of whether my late-2014 P85D with the stiffer sport suspension and next-gen seats all around will be worth enough more at time of resale to make the Ludicrous mode upgrade worthwhile. So far we've seen one vote Yes and one vote No; it would be great if a few more folks who have performance/tuning experience would chime in on the issue.

It's worth whatever a buyer will pay, right? If the buyer is very familiar with the cars and sees value in the sports suspension, then the car is worth more. But for the seller, it means even further reducing the number of potential buyers and maybe needing to wait.

I'm still surprised Tesla removed the sport suspension from the P85Ds. If anything happens to my car and I have to replace it I'm going to cry.

steve,
People like us that want a very fast car will pay the up charge for it. The same logic does apply in the secondary market where there will be buyers looking for L only cars. The place we get killed is not having the 90 which is well worth a 2.5K premium when you consider resale. That said, there is no why I would give up my suspension for a PDL even if I could swap out today for just a $10K upgrade.

I wonder what my P85DL badge is worth on EBay :)

Same boat as you. Definite yes.