TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P85D Ludicrous Problems?

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by WestCoastP85D, Jan 30, 2016.

1. WestCoastP85D

WestCoastP85D Member

I am up for install of the upgrade next month, any negative issues from P85D folks who have upgraded to Ludicrous? Has the power train held up? Battery life? Other issues?

My car was delivered in June, and was manufactured April - May 2015.

2. thimel

thimel Member

A couple of us with ludicrous upgrades had our cars die the night of the 7.1 firmware install. It was a bad connection in the battery pack. Not clear it was related to the ludicrous upgrade, but there were no other reports of such failures on this forum. Both cars were repaired without problems.

3. sorka

sorka Active Member

Wow. I hadn't heard of that. Haven't had any issues with mine yet (done in Fremont).

4. NorCalSJ

NorCalSJ Member

My P85D was delivered February 2015. Had the Ludicrous Mode done end of December. The upgrade is amazing, would do it again in a heart beat. The only thing I noticed was my 100% charge before the upgrade was 256 miles (and before 7.1) and now it's 249 miles. I don't know if 7.1 has anything to do with it. I also always have the Range Mode off. Other than that no issues. Good luck with your upgrade.

5. WestCoastP85D

WestCoastP85D Member

Thanks. Good to hear your happiness with the upgrade. According to Tesla, I am "number 2' at Fremont, but something tells me many more than 1 have been installed since the announcement.

Anyone else had this range issue?