Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Ludicrous Upgrade still available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh well sounds like a no go. Thanks for everyone that answered!

BTW... The reason I put my VIN was I wondered if late VIN P85D's had the upgraded contact/fuse by default? If so it would be a straight SW upgrade. I am not a VIN guru but my car does seem to be quite a late VIN for a P85D... FF1060XX

Oh well sounds like a no go. Thanks for everyone that answered!

BTW... The reason I put my VIN was I wondered if late VIN P85D's had the upgraded contact/fuse by default? If so it would be a straight SW upgrade. I am not a VIN guru but my car does seem to be quite a late VIN for a P85D... FF1060XX

I think in that case you would need the range upgrade+luda. So you would have a P90DL

The Luda-only upgrade was available for P85D’s built prior to 7/2015. I think.

Again it’s all moot at this point.

Good point about the range upgrade, I crawled under the car to see exactly what battery is has, and the sticker says 85kWh. So I guess going to 90 is a battery swap in my case.

In a couple of months I’ll take him to the SC for his winter wheel swap and just ask them in case for some strange reason it’s a possibility. Will come back to this thread then if there is anything interesting to report.

You know what, I read another thread about someone getting sick when doing Ludi launches. That’s exactly what happened to me the first time I did an insane launch, so for the first week I was like “why in the world would anyone want more, God I’m gunna puke if do that again” but now.... I want more!

Bloody addictive these cars.