Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D MC Red Tint w/ Chrome Blackout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to JC Automotion in Salt Lake City and Envision D!Tail for a great turnaround on this week new Tesla in SLC. More pics coming with more mods, but your feedback is appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    899.4 KB · Views: 841
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 862
I know you didn't ask me per se, but mine has glossy black vinyl. It appears that Rafaelito used the same.
You are correct, black vinyl was used. Hopefully, my mirrors and the rest of the blackout will be done by tomorrow. I have the obeche gloss interior and ordered the Evannex console in obeche. I'll post some pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like your installer did a really good job. Looks very nice. I have similar enhancements to my MC Red, except I have a few carbon fiber accents and I left the Tesla logos in chrome.

View attachment 80089View attachment 80090View attachment 80091View attachment 80092View attachment 80093
Very nicely done. The matte vinyl on the mirrors really fits. The chrome highlights really pop, but the Tesla lettering is amazing!

I know you didn't ask me per se, but mine has glossy black vinyl. It appears that Rafaelito used the same.

You are correct, black vinyl was used. Hopefully, my mirrors and the rest of the blackout will be done by tomorrow. I have the obeche gloss interior and ordered the Evannex console in obeche. I'll post some pics.

Thank you both @Sigma4Life and @Rafaelito for your prompt replies. I had recently had my black vinyl work done, and it came out only "decent" but not perfect. After driving from Ohio to Maryland for the Reach the Beach (TeslaRoadTrip) event, some of it started to peel. After that I also went to my regular car wash, which didn't help matters any more. I really prefer/love how the black/red combo looks on the car, but I don't think the local installer I used was utilizing the best practices. He had a helluva time doing the side mirror arms, and that area and mirror caps were suffering the most. Trim around the windows was okay, but the front nose cone area also showed where he struggled to do sections (plus those parallel arms near the fog lights).

All in all I think my issue stemmed as much from this local installers inexperience with the task, but also with the fact that I desire to be able to use the car wash that I have been for years. Yes it is a touch wash, and ultimately not the best for paint longevity. But I'm not one known to keep my cars long enough for them to suffer that much, and my time is more valuable to me than hand washing my car when it needs. Especially here in Ohio in the winters-- which was another issue I'd have to deal with is how well the vinyl would stand up to winter time.

Hence I was really curious what people were using to get this done. In the end I had the vinyl removed, and will be swapping over to a brighter silver wheel to help tie in the chrome, but I hate chrome so this is a bit of a compromise for me. Anyhow... both you guys have gorgeous looking setups, enjoy!!

Thank you both @Sigma4Life and @Rafaelito for your prompt replies. I had recently had my black vinyl work done, and it came out only "decent" but not perfect. After driving from Ohio to Maryland for the Reach the Beach (TeslaRoadTrip) event, some of it started to peel. After that I also went to my regular car wash, which didn't help matters any more. I really prefer/love how the black/red combo looks on the car, but I don't think the local installer I used was utilizing the best practices. He had a helluva time doing the side mirror arms, and that area and mirror caps were suffering the most. Trim around the windows was okay, but the front nose cone area also showed where he struggled to do sections (plus those parallel arms near the fog lights).

All in all I think my issue stemmed as much from this local installers inexperience with the task, but also with the fact that I desire to be able to use the car wash that I have been for years. Yes it is a touch wash, and ultimately not the best for paint longevity. But I'm not one known to keep my cars long enough for them to suffer that much, and my time is more valuable to me than hand washing my car when it needs. Especially here in Ohio in the winters-- which was another issue I'd have to deal with is how well the vinyl would stand up to winter time.

Hence I was really curious what people were using to get this done. In the end I had the vinyl removed, and will be swapping over to a brighter silver wheel to help tie in the chrome, but I hate chrome so this is a bit of a compromise for me. Anyhow... both you guys have gorgeous looking setups, enjoy!!

Unfortunately I think vinyl wraps are strictly incompatible with automated car washes so you made the right choice to have it removed. With the wrap you have to be very careful not to pull on the edges or corners. In some spots even a hand wash can cause damage if not careful.