TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P85D missed its scheduled charge time

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by onasj, Jan 15, 2015.

1. onasj

onasj Member

P85D plugged in to my Chargepoint J1772 charger last night, just like it has for every night since I took ownership in December, did not charge at 3 am as scheduled. When I tried to use the app this morning to force a "start charge", it also did not start charging; tapping the start charge button caused the waiting icon to appear but eventually the button on the app would revert back to "start charge". Had to go to the garage and manually unplug and re plug the charging handle into the J1772 adapter. First time it has missed its scheduled charging time.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Given the problem you had starting from the app as well, I suspect the problem was that the plug wasn't fully seated and the car couldn't talk to the EVSE, rather than anything to do with scheduling software.
    Walter

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

That's happened to me on rare occasions. Agree with Saghost that the cause is likely a plug that is not fully seated.

4. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

^^ this.

5. Kraken

Kraken Member

Could be a few things. Yours is a new car, but mine just started doing this recently after more than a year of working fine. At first, we thought maybe we were pressing the button while plugging the HPWC in, because they made it so that prevented it from working. Even with ensuring we are doing that, the problem has persisted.

6. skilly

skilly Member

assuming that is wasnt plugged in two days in a row without moving?

7. davidc18

davidc18 Member

This has happened to us once as well. Reseating allowed the charge to start in the morning.