Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85d. Montreal trip. Range assurance? Chademo? No range anxiety? Right...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well there is a good side to this story. I got to meet @omega's family and they have 2 very young boys who are amazingly well behaved at 9-10 o'clock at night!:smile:

Now I know why people are still stopping here when going to and from Montreal. I don't mind of course. I figured when Hooksett opened and with the CHAdeMO in Montpelier that I wouldn't see anybody. But if those CHAdeMOs don't work... And only 21kW???

For you Canadian travelers our HPWC is outside and gives 80A 240v. We're 155 mi from Boston and 180 from Montreal. Traveling in an EV is an adventure which is why our HPWC is themed after Hans Christian Anderson. (You have to see it to understand...)

FWIW - anyone who's on PlugShare is usually amenable to visitors! ;-) I met Henry last year - and a few other owners (Long Island NY, and Miami FL) - and it's always a blast to make new friends! B-) As long as you can get all your in-car travel companions to stop and smell the flowers! :p lol

The hardest part (for me) about road-tripping (with others) in an electric car is to break the mindset of "Right - 5 minute gas and bathroom stop" that we've all had for so many years!!! haha

Rob

And if anyone is out my way (MA) this season - you can find me on PlugShare too :)

I just finished Boston-Montreal-Boston, and I hate to say that I had (almost) no trouble and actually had fun. My heart really goes out to @omega, I'm really sorry you had such an awful experience.

My details are here, if anyone wants to have a look. TL;DR: CHAdeMO success at Freedom Nissan in South Burlington, and also at VSECU in Montpelier, one of the stations that failed @omega.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...chargers-from-Concord-NH-to-to-Montreal/page2

Well there is a good side to this story. I got to meet @omega's family and they have 2 very young boys who are amazingly well behaved at 9-10 o'clock at night!:smile:

Now I know why people are still stopping here when going to and from Montreal. I don't mind of course. I figured when Hooksett opened and with the CHAdeMO in Montpelier that I wouldn't see anybody. But if those CHAdeMOs don't work... And only 21kW???

For you Canadian travelers our HPWC is outside and gives 80A 240v. We're 155 mi from Boston and 180 from Montreal. Traveling in an EV is an adventure which is why our HPWC is themed after Hans Christian Anderson. (You have to see it to understand...)

Thanks for your comments Henry. You literally saved us that night. I returned the Chedemo the week after. Can't rely on something that works one day but not the next.
You are very welcome to stop by at our house. I will keep beers in the fridge...lol