Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D owner: how's the next gen back seat?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am finalizing my order, and I am still struggling between s85 and p85d. One of the reason for p85d is that it's the only model that has the next gen seat. During test drive my family members thought that the back seat is like a bench and is not comfortable at all. I would like to know if the new back seat offer a significant improvement in terms of comforts.

Thanks!!

I haven't tried the back seat (I'm 6ft9in and 420lbs), but I love the next gen front seats and am happy I ordered them.

The N-G Back seats do look more supportive, I'd definitely recommend them if you're subjecting yourself and passengers to the G-forces of the P85D

There was some discussion of the back seat in my P85D delivery thread. My exec summary is that the seats are marginally uncomfortable for taller passengers because your hips are well below your knees and your head is likely to make contact with the roof unless you slouch. Legroom is excellent and I found the seats quite contoured and not at all "bench like." If you are under say 6', I think you'd probably find them reasonably comfortable.

There was some discussion of the back seat in my P85D delivery thread. My exec summary is that the seats are marginally uncomfortable for taller passengers because your hips are well below your knees and your head is likely to make contact with the roof unless you slouch. Legroom is excellent and I found the seats quite contoured and not at all "bench like." If you are under say 6', I think you'd probably find them reasonably comfortable.

I think the hip knee problem well exists in the old seat. If the new back seats offer a significant improvement, I think I will go for it. Thanks!