Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D & P90D - 2019.20.1 Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P85D with 2019.20.2.1 here. My AP1 has been working excellent the past two versions. All versions before were terrible keeping lanes, phantom braking, etc... Now I'm suddenly a believer in the machine learning OTA autonomous thing.

I can't give an exact explanation of why everyone has different results with seemingly same hardware and software and environmental conditions...

Last night I updated my 2015 P85D to 2019.20.2.1.
Today I noticed that I that my kwh/mile was in the low 400s. Very strange

You mean your average consumption has changed? Gone up or down? Your comment is not clear to me.

Car is now back from service but now I have the annoying nag screen screen to contend with unless I update. So we are definitely saying there are no issues at all with 2019.20.2.1+ on P90Ds? No range issues or Wh/mile calculation changes or charging issues? I am trying to get some base data before leaping into the abyss again.

James

You mean your average consumption has changed? Gone up or down? Your comment is not clear to me.

Car is now back from service but now I have the annoying nag screen screen to contend with unless I update. So we are definitely saying there are no issues at all with 2019.20.2.1+ on P90Ds? No range issues or Wh/mile calculation changes or charging issues? I am trying to get some base data before leaping into the abyss again.

James
James, confirmed no performance or power issues with 20.2.1. Only issue I noticed was pretty bad vampire drain (3% overnight).

Last night, the car updated to 20.4.2. Vampire drain issue appears to be fixed.

I drove it a little, and everything seems fine. Max battery and launch mode work. Can't confirm power/performance impacts. Range is unchanged. Here are some pertinent screenshots of teslafi. Hope this helps. 8/2016 facelift P90DL V3 battery. I have a lead foot, so bare that in mind when comparing range numbers :).

Screenshot_20190703-074044.png
Screenshot_20190703-074440.png

Reactions: jaitch
James, confirmed no performance or power issues with 20.2.1. Only issue I noticed was pretty bad vampire drain (3% overnight).

Last night, the car updated to 20.4.2. Vampire drain issue appears to be fixed.

I drove it a little, and everything seems fine. Max battery and launch mode work. Can't confirm power/performance impacts. Range is unchanged. Here are some pertinent screenshots of teslafi. Hope this helps. 8/2016 facelift P90DL V3 battery. I have a lead foot, so bare that in mind when comparing range numbers :).

View attachment 425927 View attachment 425930

Ok thanks. I might go and press the button again (I chickened out previously at 30 seconds on the countdown screen!) - just to get rid of the naggy nag nag screen.

James

My rated range continues to drop. At 90% it was 233 when I bought the car 2 months ago. 5,000 miles later it’s now 227 at 90%. I charge daily to 80% and do 90% occasionally. Drove down to 7% today and charged back to 90% to try and balance the pack. If this rate continues I’ll have to sell the car. 6 miles lost every 5,000 driven will not cut it.

I have a V2 pack btw

I did but my understanding is they don’t cover degradation and they would say this is normal. To me this rate can’t be normal.
At some point, the rate of degradation becomes unacceptable though. I would drive it like I stole it and see where it's at after 6 months or so. Get teslafi or something similar so you can track it for your own records.