Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D & P90D - 2019.20.1 Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be a pretty massive difference in charge rates. On my way home now and waiting for teslafi to update with this last supercharge. Will provide logs from previous similar charges and conditions from the same supercharger.

Seems to be a pretty massive difference in charge rates. On my way home now and waiting for teslafi to update with this last supercharge. Will provide logs from previous similar charges and conditions from the same supercharger.
I stand corrected. Just looking at the raw data feed on teslafi on my phone, it appears to be identical. I think my issue was the translation in values on teslafi vs what's shown on the screen in the car. Will post details shortly.

Reactions: bhzmark
Supercharge on 5/18/2019 - FW 2019.12.1.1 4b1dd29
20190518_ChargeGraph.jpg

20190518_ChargeData.jpg

Supercharge on 7/4/2019 - FW 2019.20.4.2 66625e9
20190704_ChargeGraph.jpg

20190704_ChargeData.jpg

Only real differences here is my target SOC on the 5/18 charge was 100% vs the 90% today as well as under FW 2019.12.1.1, the battery heater was broken, so it was not at optimal temps when starting to charge.

You mean your average consumption has changed? Gone up or down? Your comment is not clear to me.

Car is now back from service but now I have the annoying nag screen screen to contend with unless I update. So we are definitely saying there are no issues at all with 2019.20.2.1+ on P90Ds? No range issues or Wh/mile calculation changes or charging issues? I am trying to get some base data before leaping into the abyss again.

James

Sorry, I meant that when I drive now it seems like in uses a lot more energy than it did. Menaing I have increased battery consumption for similar driving conditions pre-upgrade.

Sorry, I meant that when I drive now it seems like in uses a lot more energy than it did. Menaing I have increased battery consumption for similar driving conditions pre-upgrade.
With great power, comes great battery consumption :).

I highly recommend you subscribe to teslafi or something like it so you can track these things.

My consumption hasn't changed at all.

I took it in to the SC because of several things, including an issue where the screen starts to glitch when I click summon settings. They said I should update the software. I told them I never see a screen to update. The next day, I get a screen that says to update.

So, stay on 2018.50.6 or update?

Only if you want an inferior experience and potentially a loss of a lot of range that you currently have access to.

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr
I updated on July 4th to firmware 2019.20.4.2. For reference my car is a 2016 Facelift P90DL with AP1. Everything is working as it should, Ludicrous Plus enables max battery, and launch mode works as well. I have not supercharged since updating, so I do not have any info on an increase or decrease in charging speeds.

I updated on July 4th to firmware 2019.20.4.2. For reference my car is a 2016 Facelift P90DL with AP1. Everything is working as it should, Ludicrous Plus enables max battery, and launch mode works as well. I have not supercharged since updating, so I do not have any info on an increase or decrease in charging speeds.
I took a pic of my last supercharging session (earlier in this thread). Never seen it get anywhere near 140kw before. Most I had ever seen was 110kw briefly. It stayed at 140kw for a good 20 mins or so.

wait what? does this effect all 85s? i've got a dec. '14 build p85DL
Do you track your range? If so, check to see if the algorithm has shifted. From what I understand about the change, they basically reduced the capacity of the battery so that a full charge is actually not a full charge. To be honest, I think every single Tesla battery is configured that way - in the sense that 100% charged is not really 100% in order to protect the battery. What's so wrong about this is that you paid for an 85KW battery and not a 60KW battery.