TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P85D - Parking Assist Disabled?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by commasign, Jan 21, 2015.

1. commasign

commasign Active Member

Anyone with a D get a warning message "Parking Assist Disabled - Please contact Tesla service"? (i.e. parking sensors) Tried rebooting screens and shutting off car, but still getting error. This happened about 24 hours after getting the 2nd 6.1 firmware, but that's probably coincidental. Already made appointment for service next week.

2. stevesol

stevesol Member

Me too...

Same error this morning. P85D, recently installed the latest update as well... Service scheduled for Saturday... This may be a firmware issue.

3. commasign

commasign Active Member

Cool. That's 3 folks now. Is this going to be a reunion of the blackhole club? ;)

4. daviddavidw

daviddavidw Member

Happened to me

This happened to me when I first upgraded to 6.1. Took it in to SC - they said some fault activated during the firmware install. Took them all of 10 minutes to clear the fault, and has been fine since (2 weeks).

5. toto_48313

toto_48313 CAN P #5

It happens to me too... then disappear... and now it's random... on/off.

This happens in 6.1 (2.2.102) and 6.1 (2.2.113)

6. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Can you please let us know which service center you took it to, and if you remember which technician you worked with? That would help me a lot as the folks at San Rafael are adamant it's a hardware fault... thanks in advance!

7. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

UPDATE - (also posted in the other thread I started)

Ok I just spoke to the Burlingame service center, and after looking at my logs they confirmed the following issue has been happening to several others:

Apparently, if we "interrupt" the update by checking our mobile app or opening the door, the firmware doesn't get properly installed and Park Assist fails to update. So, it's all our fault...

There you have it. If you have (or have had) the issue, please confirm whether you "interrupted" the update before it was completed.

And by the way, they tried to push the update to my car again but didn't succeed, so I have to take it in to the SC now. Great.

8. MikeBur

MikeBur ManualPilot

I had mine fail on original 6.1 update. Required replacing of sensor ECU after update would not reset / update. Sorry Marc, looks like a new ECU for you ;-)

9. commasign

commasign Active Member

Took the car through the touchless car wash and now the sensors are working again. Go figure. Maybe there was some dirt over one of the sensors.

10. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Glad to hear!

Don't be sorry, I was highly doubtful that it was a hardware issue. Turns out I was right, the update went through successfully last night at 1am and the Park Assist failure has since gone away:

IMG_6346.jpg

So for those of you who still have a Park Assist issue after updating to 6.1, I would suggest calling your local SC and ask them to push the update to your car again.
    IMPORTANT NOTE: it is best to schedule the update for a time when you know for a fact nothing can "interrupt" it (including opening doors or launching the mobile app).

11. stevesol

stevesol Member

My P85D was repaired at the St. Louis service center today. There was apparently a mismatch between the firmware and some of the recent sonar detectors. Tesla has a later internal build of the firmware, currently undergoing validation, which addresses this issue. This version was installed on my car today, restoring the disabled parking assist.

i was also told that the firmware installation protocol is not affected by anything a "normal" owner would do to the car, like opening the doors or pinging the car with the phone app, during an update.

12. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Please tap the Tesla T at the top-center part of your screen and let us know what version it shows. So far I haven't heard of anyone getting a version beyond 6.1 (2.2.113).

13. dweeks

dweeks Member

Where are the parking sensors located, exactly?

14. stevesol

stevesol Member

Version 6.1 (2.2.114)

15. Haldenser

Haldenser New Member

Had the same issue with the park sensors yesterday after updating to 6.1 (regular S85 with tech delivered in December). After a phonecall to tech.support they pushed the 2.2.114 update and it solved the problem and I'm a happy camper once again :smile:

16. dweeks

dweeks Member

1/29/15

I had to take the MS 85 to Scottsdale to get the new firmware uploaded. I got 2.1.15.

The energy savings options are a bit more limited, but at least it brought my Park Assist back to life.

17. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Did you mean to write 2.1.115?

And what do you mean by "energy savings options are a bit more limited"?

18. dweeks

dweeks Member

Yes, fat fingered the version number. 2.1.115.

There is another thread about the elimination of one of the energy saver options.

19. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Link please?