Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Premium package and Alcantara - Error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

thegruf

Mar 24, 2015
indeterminate
Seems to be an error with this.

On the S85D the Alcantara headliner separately is £1250(UK)
The premium package is £4100 - ouch (=$6150!!!)

On the P85D the Alcantara is included in the price.
But the Premium package is still £4100

Preach on brother! I've got a P85D in the production queue. Ordered the Tech Package and a host of other options but not the Premium Package which I consider a fantastic ripoff.

Now the powered liftgate which used to be part of the Tech Package is part of the Premium Package so if I want the powered liftgate, I have to order the Premium Package and Autopilot just to get the same options. Plus I'm paying twice for Alcantara. I'm hoping the pricing for the Premium Package on the P85D is a mistake. If you got a credit for the cost of the Alcantara you are already buying when you buy the P85D, the price for the Premium Package is actually palatable.

Preach on brother! I've got a P85D in the production queue. Ordered the Tech Package and a host of other options but not the Premium Package which I consider a fantastic ripoff.

Now the powered liftgate which used to be part of the Tech Package is part of the Premium Package so if I want the powered liftgate, I have to order the Premium Package and Autopilot just to get the same options. Plus I'm paying twice for Alcantara. I'm hoping the pricing for the Premium Package on the P85D is a mistake. If you got a credit for the cost of the Alcantara you are already buying when you buy the P85D, the price for the Premium Package is actually palatable.

But if your order is already in the queue you should get what you ordered and all these new variations won't affect you. Your P85D should include the power lift gate and alcantara roof already. The new Premium Pack seems to be completely different form the old one. The cannibalized the Tech Pack and put some of it in the base car, some in the new AutoPilot Package, and some in the Premium Pack.

BTW the order for mine (using the old configuration tool) locked in this morning, so I'm in the same boat as you. The only thing I might do differently is drop down to the S85D rather than the P now that the performance has been bumped. I'm trying to find out from Tesla if I still get the old configuration or not (I believe I do). If that's the case I'll keep it since it's cheaper in the end. If not I'll eat a $500 change fee and drop down to the cheaper model.

Was on the cusp of ordering at P85D this weekend coming, but all these unexpected changes need clarification and understanding, so for Tesla and me it has backfired temporarily at least.

My sales guy has gone into hiding (or quite possibly gone to find what just happened!)

I spoke to my sales rep and he confirmed that the order I placed will be the car I receive regardless of how option packages and pricing change in the interim. I also have the option to reconfigure to take advantage of the new pricing, but there's no reason to do that if I can keep what I have.

I also raised the issue of the price of the new Premium Package being possibly wrong for P85D configurations that would be effectively paying twice for alcantara and said he believes the price will be the same for all Model S configurations. Bad news if you haven't ordered your P85D yet and want the power liftgate.