Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D prices starting to drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cash price of a MS w/ autopilot, premium interior, smart air suspension and the ultra high fidelity sound is $115,000.... Then you get tax credits too and that brings it down to $105k... Still better than the first option IMO. Second seems pretty good. Chances are good that was an early production P85D though, as it shows the 3G indicator.

Last edited:
$90K to the late $90Ks is actually what a used P85D should be given that you can buy a brand new one pretty nicely equipped for around $120K and the rebates bring it down to about $110K.

They both seem to be pretty reasonably priced.

Last edited:
$90K to the late $90Ks is actually what a used P85 should be given that you can buy a brand new one pretty nicely equipped for around $120K and the rebates bring it down to about $110K.

They both seem to be pretty reasonably priced.
My point. Second one is a much better deal than the first though.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you know what is 3G interior vs 4g LTE interior?
Just look for the indicator. It'll say 3G vs LTE.

LTE came in mid-2015 as I recall. When I ordered in June I was told they were fairly sure it would be LTE on my car (and it was). My car has a VIN between these two - closer to the Blue one and was made in August 2015. Not that VIN is a surefire way to know build dates.

Anyway, the asking prices on these are attractive IMHO. I'm not that surprised to see this given a few things - market downturn, the P85D is no longer the big boy on the block and winter. All elements that can cause downward pressure on the luxury car market. (This coming from a practicing car-a-holic.)

I just missed this one that sold for $89,755. This is the second one I have seen in 30 days that has gone for under $90K. The other one sold for $87K Tesla: Model S P85D

2015 Tesla Model S P85D for sale, located in Newport Beach, CA. Fully Loaded, options included below. Purchased brand new and has 14,053 Miles on it. Tires were still good but now that I'm selling it I had the brand new factory tires put on it so the car is like new. Auction start price is $80,000 and there is no reserve. A 500 Non Refundable deposit is required within 24 hours of sale and the buyer must set up any shipping. Car comes with 2 keys and all original paperwork and window stickers.
Options-

85 kWh Battery
Performance Dual Motor $23.500
Dual Drive Motor $11,100
Fog Lamps
Dark Grey Metallic Paint $750.00
All Glass Panoramic Roof $2,500.00
21" Grey Turbine Wheels $4,500.00
Black Next Generation Seats $3,500.00
Carbon Fiber Décor $800.00
Black Alcantara Headliner- Included
Carbon Fiber Spoiler $1,000.00
Supercharger Enabled Included
Dual Chargers $1,500.00
Tech Package with Autopilot $4,250.00
Smart Air Suspension $2,250.00
Ultra High Fidelity Sound $2,500.00
Parcel Shelf
Black Brake Calipers
Subtotal $129,220.00

Well, they should be dropping but that one for $90K would seem to prove the opposite. It's missing the pano roof, premium sound, and other options which is why the MSRP was only $112K. That's $102K after incentives. That's only $12K less than new for a year old P85D with 9K miles on it. I'd kill to have that kind of resale value on any car I've owned.