Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really glad the P85D was NOT available when I bought my P85. I would have been very tempted to buy it but it prices out to $22k more than my P85 did. I did not want the air suspension, the + or the 22" wheels. I got my spoiler used for 350$. That is a LOT extra for AWD (which I don't really need) and Autopilot which I doubt I would use much.

Still... 0-60 in 3.2 is very tempting!!

I am really glad the P85D was NOT available when I bought my P85. I would have been very tempted to buy it but it prices out to $22k more than my P85 did. I did not want the air suspension, the + or the 22" wheels. I got my spoiler used for 350$. That is a LOT extra for AWD (which I don't really need) and Autopilot which I doubt I would use much.

Still... 0-60 in 3.2 is very tempting!!

I wouldn't have been tempted. $130k+ is way too expensive. It's like $30k more. When I ordered in 2012 I got a fully loaded P85 for $102k. You can't even get a fully loaded S85 for that price now. There's no way I'd drop another $30k on top of that just for the added acceleration. If I had to order today I'd get the S85D with tech package and pano roof and leather seats but that's probably it. I'm very lucky I got my P85 when I did as it included many of the now super expensive options for free.

Just saw a 2015 P85D that came on the market for $59K. Has anyone looked at this car?

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/729000028/overview/

Looks nice. Black p85d with seemingly clear CARFAX. Maybe dealer likely doesn’t realize the is more than an S? Just under warranty? (56k miles), so maybe purchase and put extended warranty on it and add Ludicrous? :). Worth validating you can do that and service record with local SC?

2015 Tesla Model S P85D -

Looks nice. Black p85d with seemingly clear CARFAX. Maybe dealer likely doesn’t realize the is more than an S? Just under warranty? (56k miles), so maybe purchase and put extended warranty on it and add Ludicrous? :). Worth validating you can do that and service record with local SC?

Unfortunately since this is a dealer, you can't add the extended warranty after purchase. Still a decent price for a P85D. Not the color I'm looking for but for someone else looking to buy a P85D it might offer a compelling choice. Who knows, maybe they are even open to offers...

Reactions: MikeBur

Sorry, you can't add Ludicrous to P85D's any more. Tesla discontinued accepting orders for the P85D Ludicrous Upgrade on qualifying P85D owner's MyTesla web page ~ mid 2017... and installed the last of their customers previously ordered P85D Ludicrous upgrades in late 2017. I know since I got my January 2017 ordered P85D Ludicrous Upgrade installed just a couple of months ago... which may have been Tesla's very last P85DL upgrade.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeBur