Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D Supercharging Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove 3 super chargers this weekend. Newest one goes blue, blinks for almost a minute, goes green . All 10.
None work at st augustine mall. The y very old.
Went Jax town ctr, only one set worked, others went RED instantly .
Talked to SC guy. He is calling Fremont engineer.
Today, Wed ,

I'm having this exact issue, where it starts off by repeating the blinking blue -> solid blue process a few times before the screen shows "charging stopped." After a few reinsertions, it actually turned green and started charging, but it was very annoying. At 8 different superchargers on my road trip, I spent anywhere between 3 and 15 minutes trying to get supercharging started. I didn't really have any other option as I needed the charge to keep going.

I brought it to the service center, and they're telling me I need a new master charger. Does the master charger do the handshake between the car and the supercharger to start supercharging? Charging at home works fine, and so do destination chargers. And once supercharging actually starts, it charges fine until my set limit.

@bomquito Did you get your car back from the service center, and did they just replace the master charger to get everything working again?
Sorry for the late update. I haven’t got the car back yet. It’s been at the Pomona service center since New Year’s Eve. They have replaced the port as well as the master charger and verified it’s taking a charge from a supercharger. However they broke the door in the process (hatch) so they have been waiting for the part to come in. Not sure when I’m gonna get it back.

In the mean time I’ve been driving a brand new 2018 model S pearl white with all options included. I’m not complaining...

It sucks that the charger went out like that though. Hope it doesn’t happen to everyone else.

Sorry for the late update. I haven’t got the car back yet. It’s been at the Pomona service center since New Year’s Eve. They have replaced the port as well as the master charger and verified it’s taking a charge from a supercharger. However they broke the door in the process (hatch) so they have been waiting for the part to come in. Not sure when I’m gonna get it back.

In the mean time I’ve been driving a brand new 2018 model S pearl white with all options included. I’m not complaining...

It sucks that the charger went out like that though. Hope it doesn’t happen to everyone else.

Is the port a separate part/cost? Or are you still under warranty?