Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D to be delivered in late May to a long time enthusiast

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been a car nut all of my life starting with restoring a Ford model T when I was 15. I currently have a 1959 BMW 600 Isetta, a 1974 BMW 3.0 CSI ,a1931 model A Ford , a 2002 BMW Z8 as well as a couple of daily drivers. When I first saw the model S I was only mildly intrigued. As time progressed and Tesla improved their build quality and performance I decided to take a test drive( with a little goading from the wife to look to the future) I was blown away. I ordered a p85D since I need AWD in the winter. My order came in just as the color and packaging were in flux And I wound up with a new ocean blue with tan interior ,Matt wood, pano roof, tech package ,upgraded seats,stereo and lighting plus smart suspension and a spoiler.also opted for both front and rear consoles. I will probably add both lighted "T"s and some aftermarket wheels.:)
I belong to an exotic car club where one (and only one) member has a Tesla. You have probably seen Alans videos on you tube taking on all sorts of exotics and beating them either totally of at least off the line up to 60/80 mph. He is based in Florida so I did not get to ride in his car before he moved.. Our club rents a runway twice a year for head to head match ups. My poor modded Z8 at 460hp is one of the slowest out there. It should be interesting beating at least the unmodded ICE cars with a 5 door sedan. I won't have much of a chance against some of the GTRs and Lambos modded to over1000 hp though. You can see the fun on YouTube under Driving Force Club
So this is the first new U.S. made car I will ever buy. It is also a sea change on how I view autos as well. I am counting the days till my order comes in in late May