Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D to get 768PS??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if this is a typo or unintended leak, but after comparing every single order page of all countries and regions and came across something really interesting.

Link: Designstudio Model S | Tesla Motors

Only ONE region seems to show the increase early (unplanned? / glitch?). It's on the Swiss german (Schweiz) order page and it doesn't appear to be a typo because the three numbers adds up: the new rear 507hp (old 476) plus new front 261hp (old 224) add up to a total of 768hp (old 700). +6.5% on rear motor and +16.5% on front motor, total routhly +10% (+9.7%)!

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: Looks like they just 'corrected' the numbers back to 700ps.

I got a screen shot below showing 768ps earlier.

Last edited:
It doesn't show those numbers for me:
f81b60d80cb0eaf9f6e2cb861b447384.jpg

You probably just got somebody in trouble for that screen grab. Oops.

Does signal the long trailed update though.
Needed all the more now with the performance update to the S85D.

Hopefully somebody can do the math to see what effect this would have on performance.

This is very interesting!

Possibly this is part of a new battery? Can't get that additional range from the P85D can you? And additional HP from software updates??
Range in europe has always been "better" then in the US at least. Different standards. Sadly not real world range obviously;)

Screenshot clearly states 85kWh battery. So I am hoping this was indeed a leak showing the results of the much touted performance update. As mentioned before the numbers match so not a typo.

Similar to what just happened for the S85D.

Yup this was an excellent find! Good that you got those screenshots with your phone!

Too bad it's gone from the website. I would have liked to check the image file naming for that tile. Maybe there would have been a clue as to when we can expect this update. For example "P85d_data_may15.jpg" or some such thing.