Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D w/ AP1 under $60K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why? What is the difference of "with convenience features" vs "tech package with autopilot"? I'm assuming that is the distinction that can be made...

They rolled in a bunch of other features that were previously available a la carte.

That is not to say other cars do not have them but you have to look at the option codes.

So it’s not really that important.

It's completely important. Autopilot with convenience features offers a suite of features that basic AP1 does not offer. It's an added value.

Not necessarily. That “suite of features” was available on previous vehicles a la carte.

So it means nothing more than you need to look at the additional option packages.

I have a pre-“convenience features” vehicle but I have all of the convenience features included in the later package.

F779535A-8FD4-47C2-9657-4F594EA693B6.jpeg

I have a pre-“convenience features” vehicle but I have all of the convenience features included in the later package.

Congratulations that's awesome. More options are better than less options.

A lot of people don't know that the convenience features are an added option and not all cars come with them. It's like the + suspension just not as cool. :cool:

I would not buy an AP1 car without them.

Here's the breakdown of what happened. Pretty much any AP car built at the end of 2014 has the equivalent of the ACFO, it was just branded differently under the Tech Package which went away in April, 2015 and became standard.

So ACFO is truly irrelevant in terms of being better or more desirable. All AP cars have it at this point even if it was called something else when it was originally sold.

Many of the new and future Autopilot features are now a bundled macro option which is made available in the Autopilot Convenience Features Option (ACFO). ACFO can be retrofitted after the fact via a software upgrade option (fee based) if your model S was built with all of the ACFO sensors, cameras and radars (typically built in the latter part of 2014):
  • Traffic-Aware Cruise Control (currently shipping)
  • Lane Keeping with Automatic Steering (future feature - released October 15, 2015)
  • Parallel Self-Parking (future feature - released October 15, 2015)
  • Automatic High/Low Beam headlights (currently shipping)

The following are now standard features of all S models as of April 8, 2015. (note that the previous Tech Package no longer exists)...
  • Free long distance travel on the Tesla SuperCharger Network
  • Automatic Keyless Entry
  • Parking Sensors
  • Power-folding and heated Side Mirrors
  • Maps and Navigation with real time traffic updates
  • LED daytime running lights
  • Blind Spot Warning system
  • Automatic emergency braking
  • 8 year, infinite mile battery and drive unit warranty on all Model S
  • GPS enabled Homelink
  • Lane Departure Warning system

Here's the breakdown of what happened. Pretty much any AP car built at the end of 2014 has the equivalent of the ACFO, it was just branded differently under the Tech Package which went away in April, 2015 and became standard.

So ACFO is truly irrelevant in terms of being better or more desirable. All AP cars have it at this point even if it was called something else when it was originally sold.

Many of the new and future Autopilot features are now a bundled macro option which is made available in the Autopilot Convenience Features Option (ACFO). ACFO can be retrofitted after the fact via a software upgrade option (fee based) if your model S was built with all of the ACFO sensors, cameras and radars (typically built in the latter part of 2014):
  • Traffic-Aware Cruise Control (currently shipping)
  • Lane Keeping with Automatic Steering (future feature - released October 15, 2015)
  • Parallel Self-Parking (future feature - released October 15, 2015)
  • Automatic High/Low Beam headlights (currently shipping)

The following are now standard features of all S models as of April 8, 2015. (note that the previous Tech Package no longer exists)...
  • Free long distance travel on the Tesla SuperCharger Network
  • Automatic Keyless Entry
  • Parking Sensors
  • Power-folding and heated Side Mirrors
  • Maps and Navigation with real time traffic updates
  • LED daytime running lights
  • Blind Spot Warning system
  • Automatic emergency braking
  • 8 year, infinite mile battery and drive unit warranty on all Model S
  • GPS enabled Homelink
  • Lane Departure Warning system

My 2016 S75 on auction at eBay. Good chance at a great price when auction ends next week.

Tesla Model S 75 | eBay