Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85D With Square Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed that in slaloms and technical driving in autocross, having the staggered wheels leads to more understeer compared at least to the 19 square setup (though those tires have way less grip than the PSS that my Arachnids wear). I bet a staggered setup yields the best drag strip times, but for technical driving a square setup will always be superior.

I really don't think square wheels will work very well 😜
Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 8.52.41 PM.png

My second set of wheels for my P85DL are 21" squares and I've never had traction or handling issues. It's nice being able to rotate them although I have adjustable upper links in the rear so excessive negative camber isn't as much of an issue.

Yes stock; cyclone wheels as well. She’s going in for alignment in a few weeks as it’s been a few years and I just put new tires on, but it rubbed a wee bit not long after the last alignment anyway. Not a big deal, just warmed up the fender and bent it in a little. Hopefully none of the links are worn out.

I also had rubbing in reverse, but only on the driver's side. One day I decided to stop and get out of the car when I heard the rubbing so I could take a picture of where the tire was touching the wheel liner. Bought some low grit sandpaper and 15 minutes later, no more rubbing.

Reactions: Rogue Synapse
I also had rubbing in reverse, but only on the driver's side. One day I decided to stop and get out of the car when I heard the rubbing so I could take a picture of where the tire was touching the wheel liner. Bought some low grit sandpaper and 15 minutes later, no more rubbing.
It will always be the left side more prone to rub in North America because they typically add a little more positive caster to the left wheel to adjust for road crown, which pushes the left wheel out a little more. I imagine in the uk it would be the right wheel that rubs.