Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85DL bad for my morale.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my annual service done on my regular-old 85S. They gave me a P85DL loaner for the day. Now I'm ruined. My car is so freaking slow to me now.

We took the Ludicrous machine out and launched it many times during lunchtime at work. I got to experience the laughing and incredulous feelings you see in all the youtube videos for myself, for the first time. We all laughed just like they do in the videos. It was a lot of fun.

But now I'm so depressed.

Maybe it will get better.

Reactions: jerjozwik
They did something similar to me back in 2013. I got a P85+, the top of the line at the time, with 21" wheels. I couldn't believe how much sportier and quicker that was compared to my S85.

However, the road noise from the thin tires and the stiff suspension made the ride far less smooth and comfortable than what I was used to.

Years later I was loaned out a P85 with second generation black seats and I was smitten. Jerks. Now that is what I wanna get. Way more comfortable seating, and I loved the all-black interior. That will be my next configuration, oh yes, that. will. be. my. next. configuration.

Reactions: Electricfan
I don't drive my P85 nearly as much as I used to, but... Having the P100D as my daily driver, dropping back the P85 is quite the difference. I imagine the P85D vs. 85 transition is quite similar.

I had my annual service done on my regular-old 85S. They gave me a P85DL loaner for the day. Now I'm ruined. My car is so freaking slow to me now.

We took the Ludicrous machine out and launched it many times during lunchtime at work. I got to experience the laughing and incredulous feelings you see in all the youtube videos for myself, for the first time. We all laughed just like they do in the videos. It was a lot of fun.

It's simple. Get a Performance MS and it will be fine. ;)

Same here. I got a P85D loaner this week. Better in every way than my 70D. And the lunchtime launches spoiled me. I asked the service center to take their time with my annual service, even if it took them all year.

Reactions: Electricfan