Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85DL HV Battery Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also curious about this as I'm getting an 85 rev D pack--I hope it'll be a 90kwh
Did you get Tesla to your 85 kWh battery under warranty or are you paying for this out of pocket?

If under warranty, what symptoms did your 85 kWh battery have and what documentation did you provide to get Tesla to "comp" this replacement.

Curious since my 2015 P85DL 8-year battery warranty expires in 5 months.

Thanks!

Did you get Tesla to your 85 kWh battery under warranty or are you paying for this out of pocket?

If under warranty, what symptoms did your 85 kWh battery have and what documentation did you provide to get Tesla to "comp" this replacement.

Curious since my 2015 P85DL 8-year battery warranty expires in 5 months.

Thanks!
Out of warranty, out of pocket. I brought in for other minor adjustments to items of the car unrelated to BMS, and BMS gave errors hours before the appointment, so they diagnosed that as a failure of some cells. Not sure why it failed on the same day as my appointment; coincidence? I don't know.

Out of warranty, out of pocket. I brought in for other minor adjustments to items of the car unrelated to BMS, and BMS gave errors hours before the appointment, so they diagnosed that as a failure of some cells. Not sure why it failed on the same day as my appointment; coincidence? I don't know.
Thanks for your prompt response!

So sorry to hear that it happened out of warranty.

What is the new 85 / 90 kWh battery going to cost?

Is it new or refurbished!