Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85DL just had a battery replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had this car from new, so around 3years now and it just had its battery replaced. In short, the battery had faults logged against it, range was out.

So today i picked it up, stickered with the following pack : 1088790-00-A

Can anyone advise me on how new this is and what peak performance i should expect?

I'm most interested to learn which fuse i may have. Do the fuses come as part of the battery assembly? If so, am i likely to have the 1600amp fuse and will my motors support the peak performance P90DL's achieve? The info is a minefield to me - P90DL's had two different flavours regarding peak performance, pre face lift and post facelift, with the latter receiving higher peak power... was this battery or motor related or both.

As mine is a P85D originally, upgraded to ludicrous and now with the following battery : 1088790-00-A - trying to decipher what i have now.

I was a bit concerned as 90 packs don't have the best rep, but of course i needed a replacement. So any info on this pack would be appreciated.

P.S i don't have a power meter

temp's are 11c in the UK at the moment and all i have to go on is the cars power meter, but at 60-70% I was not getting any further on the power meter than before with the 85 battery. Max battery was on 25 mins remaining and i had only done 5-10 miles so temp was probably a factor.

I was hoping to get well past 400.

-A is the oldest revision, very strange that the SC has installed it now, and into DL. Although they should know what they're doing.
Optimal Li-Ion battery temperature is around 40 C, and yes, the controller is limiting max power when it's cold.

-A is the oldest revision, very strange that the SC has installed it now, and into DL. Although they should know what they're doing.
Optimal Li-Ion battery temperature is around 40 C, and yes, the controller is limiting max power when it's cold.

A is the oldest revision of that part number, but different packs have different part numbers and the revisions letter starts over for each of them. Some pack parts numbers don't have a B, or later, revision.

• Informative
Reactions: CSFTN and ac_power
I suspect that the replacement 90 kWh battery is software limited to 85 kWh.

Nope, Tesla updates the car configuration to 90. (At least in all of the cases that I have seen reported.)

Of course in reality there isn't much difference between a 85 and 90 pack. (The 90 suffers degradation that brings it down to the 85 level fairly quickly, though the V3 90 packs could be a little better.)

A is the oldest revision of that part number, but different packs have different part numbers and the revisions letter starts over for each of them. Some pack parts numbers don't have a B, or later, revision.
OK. From other sources I've got an understanding that it's rather a "generation" than "revision".
But now it makes more sense actually, as 90 KWh -A may be newer than 85 KWh -D like expected.

Nope, Tesla updates the car configuration to 90. (At least in all of the cases that I have seen reported.)

Of course in reality there isn't much difference between a 85 and 90 pack. (The 90 suffers degradation that brings it down to the 85 level fairly quickly, though the V3 90 packs could be a little better.)

I thought V2, which was the first with 1600 amps also didn't have degradation issues like V1.

P.S i don't have a power meter

temp's are 11c in the UK at the moment and all i have to go on is the cars power meter, but at 60-70% I was not getting any further on the power meter than before with the 85 battery. Max battery was on 25 mins remaining and i had only done 5-10 miles so temp was probably a factor.

I was hoping to get well past 400.
Hello, I am curious what happened to your vehicle to warrant a battery replacement. My P85DL recently shut completely down- no center screen or IC and had low voltage warnings, along with car won’t start and car needs service. I am waiting for the diagnostics from the SC, but was curious about what a battery failure looks like...