Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not Available P85DL Loaded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you're right... I haven't considered that it may have been a much older vroom offer he just posed as if he had gotten it more recently. Still shady AF but at least everyone noticed.

I'll stop posting here, there's really no value in either reading further or adding anything else. What's important was already said. Newcommers or potential buyers were warned.

Reactions: jebinc
Actually you're right... I haven't considered that it may have been a much older vroom offer he just posed as if he had gotten it more recently. Still shady AF but at least everyone noticed.

I'll stop posting here, there's really no value in either reading further or adding anything else. What's important was already said. Newcommers or potential buyers were warned.

To clarify, many commented on his high price based on market conditions. He posted a vroom for $68k and was asking $64k. So huge red flag there.

Then, someone decided to challenge that vroom offer and summited details with the VIN and it came back low $50's. That is where the photoshop comments came from.

Then many TMC members just aren't having it with his negative comments on members. Especially when the members were just trying to help. You know, inform someone that their car still for sale could possibly be the market price vs the asking price.

But in this new sales post, he's improved in some comments but still negatively speaks on TMC members.

I stopped chiming in till recently when I've been getting numerous notifications on the responses. Quite hilarious responses! But even more funny as the car still hasn't sold yet. But he blames everyone else here as TMC members "dictate" why people aren't interested on buying his vehicle. Perhaps it's your asking price???

I personally loved TMC and personally thank everyone for their feedback and responses as I was shopping for a Model S. Very glad to read all the horror stories outside the warranty so I made a great choice and went direct with Tesla. 3 months of ownership on a clean non accident car at 30k mile.. so far 6 warranty trips. + I found going through Tesla was about the same price as going through a private sale, but YMMV on that.

So, is this a legit sale? Who knows?
Has this member been bashing people who Offered suggestion? Yes. Just read his sales ad on what not to do.
Playing devil's advocate,. I personally wouldn't want a fella TMC to be ripped off! Plain and simple! That's why there are KBB, Edmunder TMV, members experiences etc...

Free bump as I'm really interested what this car will sell for.

Enough, seriously.

Price reduced $56k-60k, depending on wheel choice.

Thank you.

7AB9EE50-0498-443C-A1F8-39447880EE18.jpeg

Vroom like all other places that buys used cars is always wholesale or below. Its no different than trading your car in. Their offers are not what your car is worth it's what they will buy it for which is wholesale or lower.

You have to go to KBB, which is a joke or Nadaguides to get values.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Vroom like all other places that buys used cars is always wholesale or below. Its no different than trading your car in. Their offers are not what your car is worth it's what they will buy it for which is wholesale or lower.

I'm well aware of how vroom works. I would like to see a current vroom offer though

That is exactly the problem. AWD> posted a Vroom offer of $68k to justify why he was asking $68k. Everyone knows that Vroom, Carmax, CarBiz, ect always offer well under market value. So by posting a $68k offer, he is suggesting that an independent 3rd party is verifying that his car is worth much more. It should have set off red flags to everyone that he was claiming to have a Vroom offer for exactly what he wanted. He even had the audacity to justify his reason for not selling to Vroom was he didn't want to see someone ripped off by a used car dealer.

There are 2 possibilities related to his $68k Vroom offer.
1. He used photoshop/paint/ect to manipulate the price to a fake amount, to rip off a TMC buyer.
2. He used a 2+ year old Vroom offer without disclosing it was no longer legitimate, to rip off a TMC buyer.

You cannot claim "This 68k offer doesn’t include or adjust for arachnids, floor mats, carbon fiber interior or any other extras" and not mention that it also does not account for several years of depreciation. Either way, the OPs sales tactics are dishonest.

• Disagree
  • Helpful
Reactions: AWD> and cucubits
That is exactly the problem. AWD> posted a Vroom offer of $68k to justify why he was asking $68k. Everyone knows that Vroom, Carmax, CarBiz, ect always offer well under market value. So by posting a $68k offer, he is suggesting that an independent 3rd party is verifying that his car is worth much more. It should have set off red flags to everyone that he was claiming to have a Vroom offer for exactly what he wanted. He even had the audacity to justify his reason for not selling to Vroom was he didn't want to see someone ripped off by a used car dealer.

There are 2 possibilities related to his $68k Vroom offer.
1. He used photoshop/paint/ect to manipulate the price to a fake amount, to rip off a TMC buyer.
2. He used a 2+ year old Vroom offer without disclosing it was no longer legitimate, to rip off a TMC buyer.

You cannot claim "This 68k offer doesn’t include or adjust for arachnids, floor mats, carbon fiber interior or any other extras" and not mention that it also does not account for several years of depreciation. Either way, the OPs sales tactics are dishonest.

This! This sums it up perfectly.

And of course when the OP was asked the date of his vroom offer, he just changed the subject and posted more crap...
There really isn't anything he could say or do at this point to make us believe he's not a scammer with the clear intention to rip off a TMC buyer.

Posting from TMC in case members are getting threats!

The TMC Forums are designed for members to express their opinions, viewpoints and testimonials on various products, services and events based upon speculation, personal knowledge and factual information through use, therefore all views represented here allow no liability upon the publishers of this web site and the owners of said views assume no liability for any ill will resulting from these postings. The posts made here are for educational as well as entertainment purposes and as such anyone viewing this portion of the website must accept these views as statements of the author of that opinion and agrees to release the authors from any and all liability.

Cease and desist.

Harassment, libel, slander and defamation of character are not protected freedoms of speech.

Mods/admin, please moderate.
Please elaborate as you attempt to claim.

In order to sue for defamation of character, it's not enough that somebody express or publish a defamatory statement. There must also be real damage caused by the statement. Defamation of character occurs when someone makes a false statement about you that causes you some type of harm.

Plus. What loss has occurred from your claim? Your vehicle still hasn't sold!!! Regardless what members opinions are, your vehicle hasnt sold.

Good luck finding a lawyer who would take your claim.

I'll start a GoFundMe to help you if you like!

Defamation of character. Sure. Go ahead and post an updated Vroom offer as many have asked. But you posted one that was not accurate and another member inputted the same data and had a different figure that was in line with other third party values.

But this post is entertaining, as the terms above state. Entertainment purposes!

Good luck on your sale!

Last edited:
A certain unnamed member was claiming to be harassed due to other members questioning his less than honest claims.

He is PMing cease and desist orders. Lol. PM. Not serving. Tell the judge that! I PM them but they didn't show to our court hearing.

His claims are just as bad as the critics being Threatened by business owners when posting reviews on Yelp to express opinions!

• Funny
Reactions: rjscoder
He is PMing cease and desist orders. Lol. PM. Not serving. Tell the judge that! I PM them but they didn't show to our court hearing.

His claims are just as bad as the critics being Threatened by business owners when posting reviews on Yelp to express opinions!

lol, yes, he did that with me too and also invited me in person to see the car so he can show me that it's not a scam and why it's supposed to be worth That much $ :D

...instant ignore fixed that, no more PM spam from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.