Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85DL resale value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

Looking at upgrading to a P100D as a replacement to my 2015 P85DL. Car has around 60000km, autopilot, ludicrous upgrade, upgraded sound.

Any idea on the market value as the only similar cars on carsales have much lower km.

Thanks in advance

If I were you I would play around with one of the third part Tesla CPO search tools.
No one understands factors affecting depreciation more than Tesla and these tools will help you get a better idea from an international standpoint.
The websites are in no particular order
www.teslahunt.com
www.teslainventory.com
EV-CPO.com - Tesla New, Used, and CPO Inventory Listings
From a quick scan US$5,000 seems to be the difference between apparently similar P85Ds with low and higher mileage but all disclaimers apply.
On Carsales there are a number of P85D for sale around the AUD$150,000 region.
Good luck

I used to have a P85D - I still think that on the used Tesla market this is one of the best cars you can buy. Most had the next-gen seats and AP1 - the suspension for the early models was the stiffer plus suspension from the P85+ and the car is very quick by most standards. The P100D is a beast of course, but for those considering a used Tesla and want performance... the P85D is a superb option in my opinion! Good luck with your sale... sorry I didn't actually answer your question :).

on the used Tesla market this is one of the best cars you can buy. Most had the next-gen seats and AP1 - the suspension for the early models was the stiffer plus suspension from the P85+ and the car is very quick by most standards.
I agree- one of the best. The L option gives it fantastic "throttle mapping" so it seems even quicker than its impressive numbers indicate. Best of luck.

As I posted a month ago or so, my case is a bit different. I had a P85DL (first L conversion in Oz) which arrived in late August 2015. It had 38KKm and was flawless.

I traded it in on a new P100DL+. So the numbers get a bit mixed up. The official trade in value was $135K, but I got $90K off the new one. The P85D is up for sale at Tesla, listed in their used car pages. They have it up for $147K which seems consistent with trade in

the P100DL+ is a fantastic car (save for the AP2.0 which is not nearly as good as AP1.0)

As I posted a month ago or so, my case is a bit different. I had a P85DL (first L conversion in Oz) which arrived in late August 2015. It had 38KKm and was flawless.

I traded it in on a new P100DL+. So the numbers get a bit mixed up. The official trade in value was $135K, but I got $90K off the new one. The P85D is up for sale at Tesla, listed in their used car pages. They have it up for $147K which seems consistent with trade in

the P100DL+ is a fantastic car (save for the AP2.0 which is not nearly as good as AP1.0)

Oooh - how did you get $90k off? I'm contemplating the same upgrade (P85DL -> P100DL) but would only do it if I got a deal like you did :)

I love the the new car. With the exception of AP2.0 the car is better in all ways
  • Power much better
  • Acceleration > >
  • Engine noise <<
  • Road noise <<
  • Hundreds of new parts
    • Mechanised charging door
    • New facia
    • Handling >
  • ++++++
And out of pocket with trade-in <$80k AUD

Well I've been driving the P100D for a few days now and echo the points above.

AP2 is really bad but everything in the car feels much more premium compared to the P85D. Ride is closer to an E or S class with the air suspension and it's much quieter than before

Interestingly - I did ask the Melbourne SC what I could trade up for. They offered a $120k trade on in a September 2015 P85DL (sounded a little low) with $95k to trade up to a P100D.

I could do a private sale to close the gap but Tesla did not seem overly keen to get new business so I left it at that.

• Informative
Reactions: RichardMcN