Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D → P100D upgrade?

Did you receive an invitation to upgrade your Tesla?

• I have a non-Ludicrous P90D, and I was offered an upgrade to a P100D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a non-Performance 90D, and I was offered an upgrade to a 100D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else with a 90D / P90D get an e-mail from Tesla a few months ago, shortly after the 100D was announced, offering an upgrade to their existing battery-pack and wiring for $US 20,000?

I can't find the e-mail right now, and my local service centre is skeptical (they aren't aware of any such programme) — did I just *hallucinate* that entire thing happening, including, very specifically, the $US 20,000 price-tag?

To be precise, you need to have a P90DL, not just a P90D to get the upgrade.

Are you sure about this? Got a link to your source? Because the blog-post I finally dredged up only mentions P90D, not Ludicrous.

My understanding is you receive a non-Ludicrous P100 wiring-harness if you have a non-Ludicrous P90, and a Ludicrous P100 wiring-harness if you have a Ludicrous P90?

I ordered a P90D wanted the Luducrious upgrade but they did not offer anything from new order, and DS told me to look into after delivery. I wanted that Luducrious upgrade on the P90D. Wanted to order the P100D but wife was so against it :(

I ordered a P90D wanted the Luducrious upgrade but they did not offer anything from new order, and DS told me to look into after delivery. I wanted that Luducrious upgrade on the P90D. Wanted to order the P100D but wife was so against it :(

Order the P100DL and ask the service center to put on P90D emblems...hopefully she won't notice the center screen or dash displaying the P100D.

this is the exact text fromt he announcement of the upgrade. you can see it specifies L for L.

Tesla customers who have ordered a P90D Ludicrous, but not taken delivery, can upgrade to the 100 kWh pack for $10,000. Existing P90D Ludicrous owners can also upgrade to a 100 kWh pack, but for $20,000, as their used 90 kWh pack will have to be recycled.