TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

P90D - Anyone else having Tunein issues / lane change on autopliot?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by mf66, Jun 19, 2016.

1. mf66

mf66 Member

pixked up my car last week at Grand ave in Chicago. 45xx Vin. Ordered 1/30 and picked up 6/15. Car was built 5/16. Software is 2.22.66

Car is great. Panel gaps are good. Drives great. First tesla. It's a big car but fits the garage just fine.

Issues- I can't login to tuenin. I even created a new account to make sure I'm not messing something up. Just says "Could not sign in. Please check your email/ password"

Also- went for a drive this am. Only car on road. Autopilot working well. Couldn't get it to auto change lanes. Anything else I need to know here?

Thanks.

2. proven

proven Member

Tunein appears to be fully functional without logging in--I've never logged in in 2 years on our S. Is there an advantage to having an account?

When you try auto lane change are you turning the turn signal on to full? It won't go if you just hold it to the pre-lock state.

3. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

Just checking: Did you turn this feature on? It is not on by default, and must be activated in the settings.

4. Amoroso6

Amoroso6 Member

I didn't think it auto changed lanes. from what I understand, while in autopilot put on you turn signal and if there isn't anything in the lane the car will switch lanes. when in the lane turn signal off. is this correct?

5. proven

proven Member

That's right, it changes lanes when you put the turn signal on. There is no rear facing radar so it's your responsibility to check for cars coming up behind you. If there is a vehicle close enough to you in the blind spot it will not change lanes though.

trils0n is right--I forgot that you have to turn on the auto lane change feature in the settings.

6. mf66

mf66 Member

Follow up.

Lane change- I went in and adjusted the settings in the menu. Did a test run and it does work. Prior to changing the setting on autopilot the blinker would do nothing. Now lanes change. Thanks.

Tunein- I had to recreate my favorites but they are all there. Would have been easier if I could have just logged in using my account.

Case closed. Thanks.

• Informative x 1
  7. Jeff Andrews

Jeff Andrews Member

San Luis Obispo, California, United States
    I don't have to push the stalk past the click point for autopilot to change lanes. I just hold it in the pre-lock spot, and let go when the car is more than halfway in the other lane.

8. Xtatic

Xtatic Member

This may be common knowledge but I noticed the lane change does not work with solid lines.

• Informative x 1
    • Funny x 1
  9. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

I'm impressed. Since you're not supposed to change lanes with solid lines, it's great that AutoPilot is smart enough to know that. Maybe Elon was underestimating that AutoPilot would be twice as safe as humans.

• Like x 1
  10. msnow

msnow Active Member

The advantage to having a TuneIn account is a) you can install the mobile or desktop version and save favorites which will sync to the car b) you can set a higher bandwidth setting for better quality.

11. loganintx

loganintx Member

not true, i change lanes like this all the time by just holding the blinker on and not fully pushing it into the locked position

• Like x 1
  12. loganintx

loganintx Member

I've noticed this behavior as well. it will not change lanes over a solid white line.

13. proven

proven Member

Interesting, it doesn't seem to work for me. I'll have to try it again.

14. umeshunni

umeshunni Member

Another reason is that not all TuneIn stations are listed in the car version - some of the more obscure regions/languages are missing in the in-car version.