Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D Battery Pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
upload_2018-2-19_11-59-49.png

• Informative
Reactions: Ketchups
I would like to see what data you have that suggests that the V3 is more prone to degradation than a V1, as my extensive research reveals the exact opposite.

I also disagree that there is nothing "wrong" with the V1 pack. Apart from the range degradation issues, the V1 battery is 1500 amps, while the V2 and V3 are 1600 amps. If I bought a P90D ludicrous from the factory and the next guy, the next day, bought the same car, but I ended up with a V1 and he ended up with a V2, I would be lawsuit pissed.

I've cancelled 2 CPO P90D ludicrous exactly because they have V1 batteries. Further, Tesla's own parts list indicates that a V1 does NOT belong in a factory-ludicrous.

I would have to dig through a lot of old threads, which is why I said the evidence is anecdotal and probably conjecture. Take it or leave it as far as V1/V2 being less prone to degradation. It may simply be the fact that if the V3 pack hits the 1600 amps often, it will break down the battery faster than one that hits only 1500 amps. Why would you be pissed if you got a V2 vs some guy getting a V1? Neither of them provide enough current to hit the advertised spec and for all intents and purposes, V1 and V2 are basically the same pack. V3 and ONLY V3 packs can hit the 2.8s 0 - 60 spec.

As far as the V1V2 being fine, did you even read what I wrote? I said the V1/V2 packs are just fine if you don't have Ludicrous. Your car behaves within spec. It's literally the first sentence I wrote. If you only have Insane mode, you don't need 1600 amps and 1500 amps is more than enough for Insane launches. I absolutely stand by my statement that that V1/V2 packs are perfectly fine and within spec for a non-Ludicrous car.

Reactions: Ketchups
I would have to dig through a lot of old threads, which is why I said the evidence is anecdotal and probably conjecture. Take it or leave it as far as V1/V2 being less prone to degradation. It may simply be the fact that if the V3 pack hits the 1600 amps often, it will break down the battery faster than one that hits only 1500 amps. Why would you be pissed if you got a V2 vs some guy getting a V1? Neither of them provide enough current to hit the advertised spec and for all intents and purposes, V1 and V2 are basically the same pack. V3 and ONLY V3 packs can hit the 2.8s 0 - 60 spec.

As far as the V1V2 being fine, did you even read what I wrote? I said the V1/V2 packs are just fine if you don't have Ludicrous. Your car behaves within spec. It's literally the first sentence I wrote. If you only have Insane mode, you don't need 1600 amps and 1500 amps is more than enough for Insane launches. I absolutely stand by my statement that that V1/V2 packs are perfectly fine and within spec for a non-Ludicrous car.
If you went to a Mercedes dealership and purchased an S550 and you got home, opened the hood and found a 400 engine in it, would you be angry?

That's EXACTLY the same thing as ordering a factory P90Dl, which Tesla's OWN PARTS LIST SPECIFIES V2 BATTERY ONLY, and finding a V1. In law we call it "non-conforming goods" and is a valid basis of a lawsuit 10 times out of 10.

Why would I be pissed? Because an identical car can pull up to me at a red light and blow me away. V1 = 1500 amps. V2 = 1600. You mistakenly and confusingly put the those two batteries in the same category, despite being given sufficient knowledge as to why they DON'T go together.

Now, as far as your final wrong statement about V1 being ok in an Insane car....sure, as long as it doesn't suffer degradation....since you mistakenly assume it's the v3 batter that has range issues, not the v1, you have no basis for your statement that the V1 is ok for ANY car.

• Disagree
Reactions: Naonak and Ketchups
If you went to a Mercedes dealership and purchased an S550 and you got home, opened the hood and found a 400 engine in it, would you be angry?

That's EXACTLY the same thing as ordering a factory P90Dl, which Tesla's OWN PARTS LIST SPECIFIES V2 BATTERY ONLY, and finding a V1. In law we call it "non-conforming goods" and is a valid basis of a lawsuit 10 times out of 10.

Why would I be pissed? Because an identical car can pull up to me at a red light and blow me away. V1 = 1500 amps. V2 = 1600. You mistakenly and confusingly put the those two batteries in the same category, despite being given sufficient knowledge as to why they DON'T go together.

Now, as far as your final wrong statement about V1 being ok in an Insane car....sure, as long as it doesn't suffer degradation....since you mistakenly assume it's the v3 batter that has range issues, not the v1, you have no basis for your statement that the V1 is ok for ANY car.

Whats wrong with a non-L P90D V1?

Dude... what the hell are you talking about? Nobody but you is talking about a V1/V2 battery in a Ludicrous car. Seriously... nobody but you. You are the only person in this conversation that continues to bring that up.

I seriously can't continue to have any sort of discourse with you if you refuse to read what I've actually written.

Please provide your data that shows V1/V2 batteries suffer greater degradation than V3 batteries. I can not, at this time, provide you with any contrary data, so I'm fine with whatever data you have. As I said, once again, it's purely conjecture and anecdotal evidence.

Now stop talking about Ludicrous V1/V2 batteries. Nobody is talking about that and nobody wants to talk about those in this context. So stop.

Whats wrong with a non-L P90D V1?

Nothing is wrong with the V1 non-L P90D, regardless of what Upscaleman continues to post about. If you have that configuration, you got exactly what was advertised and what you expected. The only people that did not get that are Ludicrous V1/V2 battery holders.

Dude... what the hell are you talking about? Nobody but you is talking about a V1/V2 battery in a Ludicrous car. Seriously... nobody but you. You are the only person in this conversation that continues to bring that up.

I seriously can't continue to have any sort of discourse with you if you refuse to read what I've actually written.

Please provide your data that shows V1/V2 batteries suffer greater degradation than V3 batteries. I can not, at this time, provide you with any contrary data, so I'm fine with whatever data you have. As I said, once again, it's purely conjecture and anecdotal evidence.

Now stop talking about Ludicrous V1/V2 batteries. Nobody is talking about that and nobody wants to talk about those in this context. So stop.

Nothing is wrong with the V1 non-L P90D, regardless of what Upscaleman continues to post about. If you have that configuration, you got exactly what was advertised and what you expected. The only people that did not get that are Ludicrous V1/V2 battery holders.
Buddy apparently can't understand a little humor....

• Disagree
Reactions: Naonak
Dude, you are just completely out there. You have no idea what you're talking about.

V2 is NOT capable of providing enough amperage to spec for a P90DL. V1 and V2 are basically the same in the respect...I group them together because they are the same. You are apparently stupidly trying to group V2 as a V3 battery, when nothing could be further from the truth. Neither V1 nor V2 provides what's required to reach spec. V3 and ONLY V3 will provide spec. V1 will not reach spec, and V2 will not reach spec. So just take all your bullshit and go somewhere else, because you are diluting the conversation with your worthless information. Look at your own goddamned chart, not a single V1 or V2 will reach 500 kW. ONLY the V3s (108s) will reach 500+ kW. If you have data that says otherwise, please provide it. If you have data that says otherwise in terms of V3 degrading faster than V1 or V2 packs, please provide it. Until then, you're just pulling this out of your ass, and doing it poorly.

YOU need to follow the bouncy ball, Corky.

PS - I understand humor, you are just piss poor at evoking it. It's not me, it's you.

Reactions: Canuck
If I bought a P90D ludicrous from the factory and the next guy, the next day, bought the same car, but I ended up with a V1 and he ended up with a V2, I would be lawsuit pissed.

Some of us, like me, bought in 2014 then the next guy ended up with AP hardware when we did not. I've been practicing law for over 25 years and it didn't "lawsuit piss" me. I got what I ordered and paid for just like the V1 guy in your example.

As I've said before, please try not to be the little kid in school who can't enjoy his one cookie since the kid next to him got two cookies.

It doesn't take much to find a "valid basis of a lawsuit" (as Mueller's lawyers said to Manafort's lawyers when Manafort sued Mueller for allegedly exceeding the scope and mandate of the Order appointing the Special Counsel). Unless the case is frivolous or vexatious, most cases are allowed to proceed to at least summary judgment. So saying something is a valid basis of a lawsuit (in legal terms called a "cause of action") doesn't say much. As to your "non-conforming goods" -- that's not what it's called in law. Under the Sale of Goods Acts (or similar names) in most States and Provinces, goods must be "reasonably fit for the purpose intended." Good luck arguing Tesla breached that statute in your State.

Charged up to 90% SOC (230 miles).That would put my 100% at 243 miles. I have 11k miles. Degradation? Or as expected for real world?

Anywho, Newbie question: to test max power do I need to be over 90% SOC? If not I will do some test runs later today.

Last edited:
A "lawyer" that can't figure out that you are legally entitled to get the correct parts according to the manufacturer's own parts sheet.....you must not win that often....
I'm looking forward to the day you upload an avatar :D

Charged up to 90% SOC (230 miles).That would put my 100% at 243 miles. I have 11k miles. Degradation? Or as expected for real world?

Anywho, Newbie question: to test max power do I need to be over 90% SOC? If not I will do some test runs later today.

Virgin P90D range = 270 EPA
90% = 243

So if your 100% = 243, then you've lost 10%.

I wouldn't be worried as you are just starting to put miles on the car, the drop in the beginning is supposed to be large, then starts to slow down. My (2015 ~38k mi) 90% gets me up to 225mi.

As for max powa, IMO it's safe to assume max charge (100%) would help achieve max powaaa.

I'm looking forward to the day you upload an avatar :D

Virgin P90D range = 270 EPA
90% = 243

So if your 100% = 243, then you've lost 10%.

I wouldn't be worried as you are just starting to put miles on the car, the drop in the beginning is supposed to be large, then starts to slow down. My (2015 ~38k mi) 90% gets me up to 225mi.

As for max powa, IMO it's safe to assume max charge (100%) would help achieve max powaaa.

I'm a better lawyer than Avatar-der... :)

• Disagree
Reactions: Naonak
A "lawyer" that can't figure out that you are legally entitled to get the correct parts according to the manufacturer's own parts sheet.....

You need to go back and take Contracts 101 again. Here's a reminder. For a contract you need: (1) offer; (2) acceptance; and (3) consideration. Once you have that, which we do when we buy a Tesla, then we need to look at the "certainty of terms" -- they can come from the contract(s) itself, the common-law, or from statute, always keeping in mind the parol evidence rule which governs what can be admitted into evidence in support of a contract.

Now please show me where in the contract, common-law or any statute that supports your position that: "you are legally entitled to get the correct parts according to the manufacturer's own parts sheet."?

I'm waiting....

When you do your legal research, you will find that if parts change, like with AP and V2 battery packs, there's no entitlement to different parts. Period.

.....you must not win that often....

I would put my trial record up against you any day. I've appeared countless times in trial, at the highest appeal court level in my jurisdiction, and I was even asked by Continuing Legal Education BC to teach a course to lawyers on how to run trials since I was selected by judges as the best qualified to do so. Having said that, all lawyers know there's a winner and loser in every case, and it often changes as cases proceed through appeals. Saying "you must not win that often" sounds like a school yard rant, and is not at all how a seasoned lawyer talks. So while you made a nice ad hominem attack against me with no foundation in fact, please let's stick to facts, starting with the facts in answer to my question to you above.

Last edited:
Here's the parts list. Show me how a V1 battery belongs in a factory ludicrous...

Thanks for showing me something that is not part of any contract, statute or common-law. Are you sure you're a lawyer? If so, please tell me the exception to the Parol Evidence Rule that will even allow that "part's list" into evidence?

and this isn't evidence of at least the indicia of fraud?

Now we've gone from breach of contract to fraud based on Tesla's HP debacle? You're all over the place.

Reactions: bhzmark