Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D Battery Pack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't help on the VIN but hope you get your V3. As a recent 2016 CPO P90DL purchaser I am still disappointed I only got the lesser V1 battery. For what it is worth my VIN starts 127xxx. Is yours facelift?

Are you going to reject if it is not V3?

James

Thanks for the info, James! Mine _is_ a facelift. Is yours?

I'm definitely going to check the battery pack label/sticker when I see the car. If it's a V1 or V2, hmmm... I guess I'll have to figure out what I'll do! It's got very low miles (only 14,000 on a 2016!) and based on the photos it looks very clean - so it will be hard to reject it. Maybe I'll see if they'll discount it a little more. Gah! So conflicted!

/me just really hopes it's a V3 battery pack...

Brian

Thanks for the info, James! Mine _is_ a facelift. Is yours?

I'm definitely going to check the battery pack label/sticker when I see the car. If it's a V1 or V2, hmmm... I guess I'll have to figure out what I'll do! It's got very low miles (only 14,000 on a 2016!) and based on the photos it looks very clean - so it will be hard to reject it. Maybe I'll see if they'll discount it a little more. Gah! So conflicted!

/me just really hopes it's a V3 battery pack...

Brian
Mine is classic non facelift. I think facelift came with V2 - but don't quote me. I think the problem with rejecting is that Tesla then ban you from buying another one from them for a year? Not sure on that either.

V1 is great performance but when you buy a performance car you obviously want the top performance. Probably day to day battery version makes no difference. If you drag race or intend to, as I do, then V1 ain't going to cut it really. V1 does have degradation "issues", as well as performance, hence the Tesla improvements. I think knowing what I know now I would have rejected it - just a real daft stupid position Tesla has put some of us in. To be honest with that sort of attitude to customers they don't deserve our hard earned cash. I can only hope my V1 is replaced at some point. But I am enjoying it in the meantime.

Good luck in your decision.

Thanks @jaitch . I've thought about it quite a bit now. If the rest of the car is as clean as it looks in the photos, I'll take it even if the battery pack isn't a V3. I'm not going to drag race it etc. and if I wanted the absolute utmost in acceleration I would have ponied up the extra money for a P100D. But I still think the CPO car I'm buying is a good compromise - 2016 Model S P90DL with only 14,000 miles, and priced just under $70K. I'd rather have a slightly-less-than-absolutely-top-performance and have the saved $25K to use on other stuff.

If, however, when I see it in person it's got some other little issues/dings/blemishes that aren't visible in the photos AND it's not a V3 battery pack I'll at very least bring up the battery pack issue with them and see what they say...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

According to "the battery version spreadsheet" at Tesla Model S PxxxD(L) Comparisons (Responses) , I think my car should have a V3 battery pack, since all of the cars produced in June 2016 (as mine was) listed on there have a V3 pack, and my car's VIN serial is after two of them. I still won't know for sure until Saturday, but here's hoping!

Brian

Well, I picked up my car at the Fremont delivery center on Saturday and after giving it a good look-around I checked the battery pack version.

holds breath

It's a 1088790-00-A, a V3! Thank goodness.

Build date of 06/16, for those reading/wondering. Since I'm buying it used and don't know the original owner or details about the original owner I don't know if it was ordered with Ludicrous mode or not, but since it doesn't have the underline on the rear P90D badge I'm guessing it was not ordered with Ludicrous. Can't be sure though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now onto normal Tesla ownership/figuring out why some things aren't working correctly haha.

Brian

Reactions: camthehombre
Well, I picked up my car at the Fremont delivery center on Saturday and after giving it a good look-around I checked the battery pack version.

holds breath

It's a 1088790-00-A, a V3! Thank goodness.

Build date of 06/16, for those reading/wondering. Since I'm buying it used and don't know the original owner or details about the original owner I don't know if it was ordered with Ludicrous mode or not, but since it doesn't have the underline on the rear P90D badge I'm guessing it was not ordered with Ludicrous. Can't be sure though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Now onto normal Tesla ownership/figuring out why some things aren't working correctly haha.

Brian
Nice one. I am still hopeful my V1 will fail and I too will end up the magical V3! It just not fair otherwise. I wonder how many still have the V1 battery?

Reactions: bwherry
There's a pretty limited number of V3 packs in the wild from manufactured cars. I think most V3 packs are replacement packs if you happen to get one. They started introducing the V3 packs in the manufacturing process just at the tail end of the 90 pack life, so few made it into the wild on new vehicles.

I had a P90DL loaner while Tesla was fixing some things on mine, V1 battery, 90% charge was 221 miles. Seems pretty awful. I cant imagine them selling that car in good conscience and someone getting stuck with it.

I had a P90DL loaner while Tesla was fixing some things on mine, V1 battery, 90% charge was 221 miles. Seems pretty awful. I cant imagine them selling that car in good conscience and someone getting stuck with it.

I get less than that on my April CPO purchase. Works out as "normal" 10 % degradation.

There's a pretty limited number of V3 packs in the wild from manufactured cars. I think most V3 packs are replacement packs if you happen to get one. They started introducing the V3 packs in the manufacturing process just at the tail end of the 90 pack life, so few made it into the wild on new vehicles.

Funny thing is I have now helped two new owners, in a few days, identify they have V3 batteries. I am sure my time will come.

James

Hi,

Which V is this one :

73495136_10219867532909029_5473971771923234816_n.jpg

So I'm one of the "lucky" owners of a factory-ordered Ludicrous P90D with a V1 battery. It's a full-option car and I love it, I just hope the battery will last. 2,5 Years of warranty to go, fingers crossed. Added my car to the Excel sheet. Production date is wrong, I entered the invoicing date.