Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D energy usage after 7.0 update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys,
I am noticing i am barely getting to the 300 kwHr/mile (or whatever the metric is) for regular driving. I use surface streets mostly and i dont recall ever really getting that kind of efficiency. Maybe on a freeway. For example today on my 5 mile surface street journey to work, without hitting the floor on it at any time, i was at 515 kwh/mi.
Is that normal, or should i contact the service team?
thanks

I got Aero rims 2 weeks ago, the idea behind them is to reduce drag of the vehicle. Long story short, they did, and a remarkable job. Almost instant 30wh/mile drop. Did about 600 miles so far with the Aero's on, that was on a Thursday through sunday. I had some drive unit issues, with power cutting out. I had planned to keep my 6.2 because I strongly dislike the new 7.0 interface. Once again, long story short, Engineering made me update to 7.0 that following Monday to see if that fixed the issue (it did not and now getting drive unit 4 in a couple weeks).

on 6.2, and the 600ish miles of driving I did with the Aero's on a normal route I do weekly, the 30w/mile drop in consumption was stable drop, not random. immediately after updating to 7.0, my consumption went UP 60wh/mile. So 30 wh/mile HIGHER then before I got the Aero rims. This has been a stable, un-waving increase. All things are basically equal, same outside temps, same route, same weather conditions.

Guys,
I am noticing i am barely getting to the 300 kwHr/mile (or whatever the metric is) for regular driving. I use surface streets mostly and i dont recall ever really getting that kind of efficiency. Maybe on a freeway. For example today on my 5 mile surface street journey to work, without hitting the floor on it at any time, i was at 515 kwh/mi.
thanks

I think some level of vampire drain is factored into the initial power usage. Also, if there was any battery heating, then it would take a chunk out of the first few miles. On short trips, this would be very noticeable and it evens out on longer trips.

Guys,
thanks

Where do you live? Has is it become cooler there? The car is likely heating the pack, and since your commute is so short is has a dramatic effect on your efficiency on a per mile basis.

Which aero rims?
Thanks!
I got Aero rims 2 weeks ago, the idea behind them is to reduce drag of the vehicle. Long story short, they did, and a remarkable job. Almost instant 30wh/mile drop. Did about 600 miles so far with the Aero's on, that was on a Thursday through sunday. I had some drive unit issues, with power cutting out. I had planned to keep my 6.2 because I strongly dislike the new 7.0 interface. Once again, long story short, Engineering made me update to 7.0 that following Monday to see if that fixed the issue (it did not and now getting drive unit 4 in a couple weeks).

on 6.2, and the 600ish miles of driving I did with the Aero's on a normal route I do weekly, the 30w/mile drop in consumption was stable drop, not random. immediately after updating to 7.0, my consumption went UP 60wh/mile. So 30 wh/mile HIGHER then before I got the Aero rims. This has been a stable, un-waving increase. All things are basically equal, same outside temps, same route, same weather conditions.

Imagine if they had a real aerodynamic design... If Toyota and BMW can do it why can't Tesla?