TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

P90D Ludicrous CPO VS. 90D Brand new

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by crasher115, Oct 19, 2016.

1. crasher115

crasher115 New Member

Planning on leasing a tesla:

CPO P90D w/ Ludicrous mode:
    2016 model before facelift.
    3.1 sec 0-100 km/h
    range 429km
    9,421 km

Brand New 90D:
    4.4 sec 0-100 km/h
    range 473km
    0 km

Both almost the same price and with same option. Which one should I choose?

Also the new P90D does not have the ludicrous mode anymore. But its 0-100 is also 3.2 sec. There is only a .1 sec difference that ludicrous mode added? Can someone explain to me?

2. azdryheat

azdryheat Member

I think depending on the battery, P90DL is in the 2.7 to 2.9 second range to 60 MPH.

I have Ludicrous and am not unhappy with my purchase.

If this were me, I might wait to find a facelifted model. We looked at a CPO but decided to order new.

3. BLKTSLA

BLKTSLA Member

Whenever possible always go for the performance version IF money and features arent the deciding factors. The difference between Performance and non-Performance is noticeable irregardless of the battery size or year. Plus you can always emulate a 90D unofficially using the performance mode (unofficial feature). So with the P you are getting both cars in 1.

If you have a few minutes to spare check out my video comparing the pre-facelift and facelift for other options that might be important to you when making this decision.

The Evolution of the Tesla Model S (2013 - 2016)

4. jimmyjohn

jimmyjohn Member

... so painful to see this.

• Like x 4
    • Funny x 3
  5. Gig103

Gig103 Member

I just went through this - new 90D or inventory/CPO P85D. The gallery advisor recommended the brand new to ensure I had the latest and greatest, built the way I wanted it, refreshed body style, and untouched battery.

But I've driven both and I had a way bigger smile on my face with the P- car. So my P85D is on the way!

I was also buying, which means I was thinking about depreciation being lower on a car that's already used/discounted.

• Like x 1
  6. azdryheat

azdryheat Member

Nice video. Thanks.

7. BLKTSLA

BLKTSLA Member

#7 BLKTSLA, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    Sorry to upset you and the Queen, will use "regardless" to lessen the pain going forward ;)

• Funny x 3
    • Love x 1
  8. crasher115

crasher115 New Member

Thanks for the replies. I love the 'scare the pants off' factor of P model too. It is just so expensive!
    How much battery decay do you get on a ~10000km model s?

9. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

Totally agree with you, after owning both a non P and a P. Grinning a little more in the P Model S.

10. Naonak

Naonak Member

Virtually none if there's nothing wrong. Additionally, it will happen with a new one in a paltry 10k km, so why not get the better version.