TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

P90D no longer available

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Kam262951, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Kam262951

Kam262951 Member

I am happy to place my order for p90d
    On time.

Now if you wonna feel the speed then you got go for p100d and that means you got get ready to spend
    Over 160k

What you think p90d owners ?

2. spentan

spentan Active Member

I think it's great, as it'll hold it's resale value as 10-15k more than the 90D.

(and it'll make it more attractive for more that wanna buy a Performance, but can't afford the P100D)

• Like x 1
  3. electricity

electricity Member

Everytime these changes come I have no idea what to expect as far as the resale value of my 90D , all I know is that its the greatest car i have ever had by a long margin.

• Like x 2
  4. DougH

DougH Active Member

I would agree. It's the 9th Tesla I have owned and I love the X, I will never go back to an S.

• Like x 1
  5. leletyM3

leletyM3 Member

I just placed my order 30 min before they removed it from the design studio. I was aware that they were gonna discontinue the P90D and got the order in right on time. P100D is super nice but not 160k plus tax nice.

• Like x 1
  6. Kam262951

Kam262951 Member

AGREE
    getting in and out for 6ft tall guy in model S

i am glade THAT i order X

7. Kam262951

Kam262951 Member

I THINK IS LUCKY ORDER

U WILL NOT REGRETS

8. bushburner

bushburner Member

I confirmed order for my p90d on oct 1st. So i'm good, couldn't justify spending extra 20k for p100d.

9. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

9 WOW !!!!
    You must be having a blast, lucky one!

10. hollywood

hollywood Member

I'm sitting on my p90d order confirmed at the beginning of October, considering if I should change to p100dl. With the Elon tweet about a hidden Easter egg on the p100dl, makes me wonder if the model has capabilities that p90d will not see. Outside of the ludicrous and longer range.

I already shelled out more to upgrade to EAP. I also figure that the technology will keep getting better, but still considering. Don't want to delay my order, as I'm hoping to get it by December.

Flip side is the depreciation will be faster on the p100dl. I love speed, but I don't think I'll be launching with the 99%in city driving I do. Battery size is nice though.

11. leletyM3

leletyM3 Member

I odered a P90D with AP2 and can't justify another 20k for the P100D I have 3-4 more days to confirm my order. Kinda wanted that Ludicrous option to add on my P90D instead of just the Insane mode.

12. NikeWings

NikeWings Active Member

#12 NikeWings, Nov 5, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    I rolled my P90D to the 100 for the range. If you don't need range, then IMO its a crazy expensive insane luda way to spend money. With a few days of practicality now behind me, I'd roll back if I could and rely on a SC to complete my travels. But, I can't so I'll just have to deal with it. :rolleyes:

Good luck with your decision, and you too @hollywood .

• Like x 1
  13. leletyM3

leletyM3 Member

Would be surely nice to get some extra range. I opted 22" as they looks super nice on the car. We won't take to many long trips so 90 might do the job. These things are getting too expensive!

14. hollywood

hollywood Member

Just a heads up, I was also planning on 22s, black specifically. Tesla rep explained that in addition to the $5k rims, the wear is about half of standard 15kmiles vs 30kmiles, and tire cost is twice as much. This is in addition to the bumpier ride and decrease in range. I took all those negatives and switch back to standard with plans to plastidip them black

• Informative x 1
  15. hollywood

hollywood Member

You know that's the best way to value the $$$. $20k can be awesome for travel...or for me, eating at Ruth's Chris steak house everyday for a year!

• Love x 1
  16. phatteus

phatteus Member

I just changed out my black 22s after 3,500 miles to my winter 20s and wow, the ride difference is significant. I think this vehicle was just meant to be on 20s (except for how good those black 22s look!) I posted photos of my changeover.