Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D owners - anyone upset yet at the 10.9 and 20% faster to 155mph claims?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Silly,
My guess is that Tesla went with the stagger to get just a bit more traction in the rear for launches. I know my P+ would leave bar code like rubber marks when I launched (really neat to see traction control with such a small time constant) so any extra traction would surely be helpful. The staggered set up probably affects balance but not in any way that I drive on public roads. On the AWD cars, torque balance will have a much large affect on balance than tire size and Tesla has pretty much nailed the balance in my eyes.

Apart from two wheel drive traction, I think the looks are the most compelling reason for the staggered set up. I would have done it had it not been for loosing the ability to rotate front to back. Funny thing with my PD is the fronts are now wearing faster than the rears. I can feel the AWD pulling the nose of the car around while corning and it would seem Tesla is putting enough torque through the front wheels that turning plus acceleration is generating more wear than just acceleration in the rear.

Silly,
My guess is that Tesla went with the stagger to get just a bit more traction in the rear for launches. I know my P+ would leave bar code like rubber marks when I launched (really neat to see traction control with such a small time constant) so any extra traction would surely be helpful. The staggered set up probably affects balance but not in any way that I drive on public roads. On the AWD cars, torque balance will have a much large affect on balance than tire size and Tesla has pretty much nailed the balance in my eyes.

Apart from two wheel drive traction, I think the looks are the most compelling reason for the staggered set up. I would have done it had it not been for loosing the ability to rotate front to back. Funny thing with my PD is the fronts are now wearing faster than the rears. I can feel the AWD pulling the nose of the car around while corning and it would seem Tesla is putting enough torque through the front wheels that turning plus acceleration is generating more wear than just acceleration in the rear.
Thanks!