Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D Owners - What Is Your Wh/mile and 90% Rated Range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering what the feedback is on the small but growing fleet of P90D's out there as it relates to:

Average Lifetime Watt Hours Per Mile and your 90% Rated Range?

Also for SuperCharger to SuperCharger refuels, what are your thoughts on range vs highway speed?

I will create the first reply to be a WIKI into which we can keep track of the data.

Thanks

ARTinCT

PS: If you have a P90D without Ludicrous, please note that... thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

[WIKI]WIKI P90D METRICS[/WIKI]

Last edited:
Geez. Mine is less than 300 lifetime in my P85DL. What are you doing to get it so high?

Cold weather. Mix of short and long drives. It's over 600 the last 2 days. But it doesn't get close to rated even with highway drives. I even got the 19's with the cyclones that are supposed to be the most efficient AND running 49 PSI.

- - - Updated - - -

Yikes! That is high. I thought that the D's were supposed to be more efficient than my +. I'm at 340 with 19K mi.

Drove a P85 for a day, it was slightly better, I felt like I could actually achieve rated if I drove like grandma. Maybe if nothing else because the total power was limited by availability and traction. Glad I waited though, the new cars are so much better that the old ones.

- - - Updated - - -

january.JPG

The worst I've seen it.

I have 12000 miles on my car and get 223 miles at 90%. (244 at 100%) Its almost like having a 70D. It fell to this level after 3000 miles. I have had an open ticket with Tesla for 4 months with their response that it is not the battery, it is the software. So I await that magical software upgrade. My full charge is 245 miles. Has anyone else experienced this level of degradation and what has their response been?

Little over 2,000 miles, still shows the same 338 miles at 90% from the day I took delivery.

Kwang:

338 or 238? Rated Range please. Please check and WH/MILE and wheel size?? thanks

- - - Updated - - -

232 miles at 90% and I'm only at 550 miles. The car was ordered in August and it has been intransit since it was made from the US to Holland to Norway to the UAE. I have been driving it a week...

Ames! Congrats on the new arrival. any feedback on WH/Mile or WH/KM? and wheel size please. thanks.

GUYS MAYBE WE CAN FOLLOW THIS FORMAT PLEASE:

WH/Mile: XXX
90% Rated Range: YYY
WHEEL SIZE: 21 20 or 19
Ludicrous: Yes or No

Thanks, I have been populating the table of data which you can access from the first post in the WIKI area....

Regarding Rated Range and the 90 Battery.... there is a known and acknowledged error in the Rated Range calculation by Tesla. It is supposed to be fixed in a future software release. The displayed Rated Range is decaying at a faster rate than it should be. Tesla knows this. I have seen some new P90D's at delivery time display 242 or 243 Miles most recently.

Thanks to all who have posted their data!

Last edited:
338 whm
232 miles at 90%
21" Staggered
Ludicrous always on/Range mode usually off

Originally my 90% was 246, but I suppose the algorithm uses this data to get RR and since my long distance driving is usually at 80mph, that would push RR down from when I first took delivery?

Of course, I now just use battery percentage rather than miles.