Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D owners - why no good videos? Aren't you liking your cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's so weird that no good videos has been posted so far by happy P90DL owners. Aren't you happy with acceleration?
I saw all videos posted so far on youtube or instagram. All of them bad and don't show how fast is it :mad:.

I had a P85. Fastest thing ever, absolutely shocked me how fast it was. After a few weeks I got used to it, and it wasn't quite as profound. Someone hit me on the freeway, and I replaced it with a P85D. I wasn't expecting such a difference, but it was there. A couple months later, and not too much of a difference in "feeling" compared to a P85.

I doubt those 3 tenths of a second are going to mean much (assuming you really even get them) to people riding in it. Insane mode will have the same effect as ludicrous mode on people I would imagine. I have driven hundreds of people in my P85 and P85D (Uber driver), and they scream just the same.

I'm still excited for ludicrous mode though! :)

I had a P85. Fastest thing ever, absolutely shocked me how fast it was. After a few weeks I got used to it, and it wasn't quite as profound. Someone hit me on the freeway, and I replaced it with a P85D. I wasn't expecting such a difference, but it was there. A couple months later, and not too much of a difference in "feeling" compared to a P85.

I doubt those 3 tenths of a second are going to mean much (assuming you really even get them) to people riding in it. Insane mode will have the same effect as ludicrous mode on people I would imagine. I have driven hundreds of people in my P85 and P85D (Uber driver), and they scream just the same.

I'm still excited for ludicrous mode though! :)

As far as I can tell, the peak acceleration experience will be about the same - except in ludicrous mode it'll last for twice as long before it starts to taper off. Not having experienced either, I'm not sure how much difference the extended peak acceleration will make to the experience.
Walter

At this point probably only a few P90Ds with Ludicrous mode have been delivered and not everyone documents every minute of their lives on video. I'm sure we will start seeing drag race videos in the next month or two.

Bill

As far as I can tell, the peak acceleration experience will be about the same - except in ludicrous mode it'll last for twice as long before it starts to taper off.
Yes and I'm concerned that someone might lose control and have a terrible accident. That would be a bad news story for Tesla and likely a very bad outcome for the driver.
I did a P85D test drive and it was shocking how quick the car was. I backed off on the accelerator after less than 2 seconds because I was on a public road and it was in an urban area.
I am concerned that it is only a matter of time before someone crashes during a maximum launch (actually it's probably already happened, more than once). Of course that could happen with just a standard 85.
I am not criticizing Tesla for making extremely quick cars, and of course there are many other Supercars that are as quick or nearly so. I am concerned about the negative PR Tesla could get with the first Ludicrous mode launch accident.

Yes and I'm concerned that someone might lose control and have a terrible accident. That would be a bad news story for Tesla and likely a very bad outcome for the driver.
I did a P85D test drive and it was shocking how quick the car was. I backed off on the accelerator after less than 2 seconds because I was on a public road and it was in an urban area.
I am concerned that it is only a matter of time before someone crashes during a maximum launch (actually it's probably already happened, more than once). Of course that could happen with just a standard 85.
I am not criticizing Tesla for making extremely quick cars, and of course there are many other Supercars that are as quick or nearly so. I am concerned about the negative PR Tesla could get with the first Ludicrous mode launch accident.

I don't think that's a news story. "Person loses control doing thing others do all the time..."

Suggesting we go with P90D to indicate to indicate Ludicrous mode.
Indeed
QZp48mq.png