Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D rated range..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there..

I just picked up my X P90DL a day ago and am pretty excited about it.. The only thing that got me a bit confused is that i got the car with 100% of battery load but it was showing 370km of rated range.. I guess it has something to do with outside temperature (here is -10 C) but i was expecting something closer to 400km..

I know that the real life range will be a direct result of more then 1 factor(speed, tyre pressure, weather conditions and so on... ) , but what is your real life average range?

Thank you in advance and greetings from Vienna..

Real life range varies a LOT. Lately I'm using ~450 Wh/mile in weather that's in the neighborhood of 11 degrees F. In the summer that drops down to around 340 Wh/mile.
Of course, but what I understand the OP to be saying is that the range displayed when charged to 100% is much lower than it should be with a 90kWh pack. That doesn't change with the weather.

I haven't charged to 100% lately but when new it showed about 260 miles on my 90D. That has since decreased to display about 257 (which is what was advertised), in what I believe are changed software algorithms since 8.0 came out.

370km is only about 230 miles. For a 90 it should be closer to 257 miles.