Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90D Supercharging Data

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pete90D

Fan of Red Lights
Jul 25, 2015
Bay Area, CA
So around midnight I charged the car to 90%, went on a drive to get it down to 8% and then recorded all the data while doing a range charge at a supercharger. I had provided some of this before via photos, but there was another request to do <10% to >90%

Here's the link to the graphs. I could post pictures, but with these graphs you can zoom in on sections by clicking and dragging the timeline you want.

Supercharger Data

I hope this is useful.

P.S. the max battery option was never on. Just a long, calm drive.

Edit: A/C was off, music was on, no sharing of power feeds.

Last edited:
Reactions: David99
Thanks a lot! Very useful!
Q: how did you collect the data? And I love how the graphs are interactive. How is that done?

I wrote some code that made use of the REST API and then just tethered my laptop to my phone and polled the API continuously.

Highcharts has great graphing libraries, they do all the heavy lifting. I just tell it how I want it to look and give it the data.

Something is very very wrong. The ways it's posted now kW power increases with SOC. This should be the opposite.

I thought you wanted the kW that was added as the SoC increased.

Here are the options. Tell me what combinations you want

time_to_full_charge (hrs)
battery_range (mi)
charger_power (A?)
battery_current (A)
battery_level (SoC)
charge_energy_added (kW)
charge_rate (Wh/mi)
charger_voltage (V)
charge_miles_added_rated (mi)

Tell me what combinations you want

Could you post the raw data? Extra credit if it is in Excel or similar format.
Thank you for doing this... I'm very interested in figuring out how fast my future 90D is going to charge...

Here is Supercharger power vs. time for first 6 minutes... (I'm entering data by hand, so it is slow going...)
You are charging at 115 kW for about the first 4 minutes and averaging about 100 kW for the next 2 minutes.

Supercharging Data P90D.png

Last edited:
Pete, in the opening message you could use the term supercharging instead charging. It is not clear this is about supercharging. In this forum messages can be edited for 24 hours. Maybe the title should be updated too but only moderators can change that.

Pete, in the opening message you could use the term supercharging instead charging. It is not clear this is about supercharging. In this forum messages can be edited for 24 hours. Maybe the title should be updated too but only moderators can change that.

Updated

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I second that. If you have time vs SOC data in tabular format, can you upload an excel file or create a google sheets file. Google sheets would be better I think.

minutesSOC
1.38 min10%
1.87 min11%
2.32 min12%

Raw data in CSV

Reactions: BigAirHarper