Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Dania SC has printed up signs for the dash for owners that have refused to update the firmware. There are also signs for owners who do not want their cars washed.

The Dania SC has significantly reduced the wait times for service. Our 70D was just in to have a door handle replaced and the service was performed 3 days after my initial call. Great job Dania!

So, I assume cars can be driven just reduced power as you wait for the refurbished 90kw. THEY come with 8 years so, do they extend or warranty any of the new battery? I have not had any issues yet but only at 7k miles. Battery warranty till Aug 2023. Love a 100 upgrade if offered

finally [!!!] picked my car up today. a few things worth noting. first i am now on firmware 17.10.42, which is the first time i have heard of such a build. second, seems my battery pack part number has changed from 1071394-00-A to a 1069582-01-E. which does not seem to be listed in the model s PxxD comparison google doc. lastly there is a line in my "Description of work" that im a bit confused by... "Removed pack and install loaner."

Attachments

• 20170324_211019.jpg
    20170324_211019.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 209
  • Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
"Removed pack and install loaner."

Sounds like you get to go back in a couple months to get your original, repaired, pack back.

Agreed, as the line item says they will send your pack to the factory for repairs, when those are completed your pack will be sent back to the service center for reinstallation into your car!

Hopefully they are making improvements to the packs at the same time...

Also love the line item "...vehicle exceeded WOT Count...." AKA you floored your car to much time for a new battery pack (FACEPALM) hope they fix all of this before the 8 year battery warranty is up...

Last edited:
Also love the line item "...vehicle exceeded WOT Count...." AKA you floored your car to much time for a new battery pack (FACEPALM) hope they fix all of this before the 8 year battery warranty is up...

Yeah, I think this is a proof that P90D batteries are defective and Tesla knows about it.
Why there is no recall? Why Tesla is keeping this quiet?

Can we assume that P90D used market should be avoided? Especially ex-demos. Like Mazda RX-8's engine, GTR's clucth or Fiat's Duologic gearbox, it is a ticking time bomb. I cannot imagine warranty costs after 8 years.

All I can think of is using WOT and launch mode as much as possible so that battery would fail before warranty period.

finally [!!!] picked my car up today. a few things worth noting. first i am now on firmware 17.10.42, which is the first time i have heard of such a build. second, seems my battery pack part number has changed from 1071394-00-A to a 1069582-01-E. which does not seem to be listed in the model s PxxD comparison google doc. lastly there is a line in my "Description of work" that im a bit confused by... "Removed pack and install loaner."

Can you log some data on your new pack and add it to my other thread? Would be great to know how this pack does.

yah, i am for sure going to do that. is teslalog.com still opperational? thats how i datalogged before.

im just waiting for my mother visit. she really wanted to experience the p90d and it would be horrible if something failed between then and now.
I've used the power tools app on Apple devices. I'm going to try the TM spy app with a can cable and Bluetooth elm dongle.