Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 17.11.10 (8.1) installed last week. Is there something about this firmware that you think is reducing power???

nah, it was shortly after upgrading my firmware from... some version that i got the acceleration warning. was under the impression previous firmwares were not capable of showing that warning. still waiting on my canbus cable. till then im twiddling around in sport mode again.

just a little update. a two weeks ago i got a call saying my repaired battery would be ready to install soon. today i called the service center to ask what happened with that. was told the parts department does not have it and they are unsure when i will arrive as the factory is backed up with other customer batteries. im curious if that means new order batteries or repairs.

Reactions: St Charles
Sorry for the delay. But I got my 85 battery replaced. Just now tested it after a long charge so a nice warm battery but not max battery power at 90% soc and got 454kw.

What was your original part numbers and what is your new part number?

I have the V1 P90D/L (refreshed - late June 2016 Build), and at 100% SOC, Max Battery On/Ready, using Launch Mode, Range Mode Off, No AC, Mirror In, I only get 458kw with P/N 1063792-00-A and that's with 8.1 - 17.11.10.

june 1 battery ludi.JPG
battery.JPG

Refreshed P90DL cars built after June 1 should have the V3 battery part number 1088.... From what I can see in the tesla part catalog the 1063792-00-a is a non ludicrous P90D pack...

Last edited:
Refreshed P90DL cars built after June 1 should have the V3 battery part number 1088....
Really?

Confirmed 6/8/16
VIN Assigned 6/8/16
Entered Production 6/23/16
Was scheduled to picked up on 6/28, but was advised that they found a battery pack problem, and it would take a week to get a new part/get it fixed
Picked up on 7/8/16

So, v1 is 1063792-00-A,
Is v2, 1071941-00-C
Is v3, 1088792-00-A

so it appears that they put in a replacement batter from a v1, rather than giving me the v3 battery?

yep, you got screwed IMO your car should have the V3 1088 battery my car was ordered May 13 production June 6 delivered June 14. Since it delayed your delivery at the end of a quarter I'm sure they scrambled to do what ever they could to deliver your car before ASAP to make the end of quarter deadline, and thus did not reinstall the CORRECT battery pack in your car! I would request the correct replacement from Tesla

Reactions: St Charles
yep, you got screwed IMO your car should have the V3 1088 battery my car was ordered May 13 production June 6 delivered June 14. Since it delayed your delivery at the end of a quarter I'm sure they scrambled to do what ever they could to deliver your car before ASAP to make the end of quarter deadline, and thus did not reinstall the CORRECT battery pack in your car! I would request the correct replacement from Tesla

Dang.

Question #1: I guess I have no recourse. It's one month to my 12 month anniversary, so it is worth bring it up to my local SC, or even my Owner Advisor?

Question #2: A friend who order almost around the same time (2 weeks earlier), did a regular P90D (without Ludicrous), and then did the $10K Ludicrous upgrade the week I picked up in early July. He has the same v1 battery part number. Should he have also received the v3 battery, or was it normal that the Insane P90D gets the v1 battery even if you do the $10K Ludicrous upgrade?.

His dates are about 2 weeks before mine (shown above).

Dang.

Question #1: I guess I have no recourse. It's one month to my 12 month anniversary, so it is worth bring it up to my local SC, or even my Owner Advisor?

Question #2: A friend who order almost around the same time (2 weeks earlier), did a regular P90D (without Ludicrous), and then did the $10K Ludicrous upgrade the week I picked up in early July. He has the same v1 battery part number. Should he have also received the v3 battery, or was it normal that the Insane P90D gets the v1 battery even if you do the $10K Ludicrous upgrade?.

His dates are about 2 weeks before mine (shown above).

Q1 I would bring it up as your car was ordered as a Ludicrous model and delivered with the incorrect / less powerful battery insane battery that was upgraded to ludicrous v1. Talk to the manager at your service center.

• Ive always been told that repairs and replacement parts should match the original part number or be a newer version and in this case they obviously didn't keep to that, you got an older less powerful replacement.
  • Id also wonder / hope that they installed a new pack and not a remanufactured one. I would press the issue as they installed a lesser part vs the original battery part number your car had and make sure the pack they installed was new and not remanufactured.
The pack OBVIOUSLY should have been replaced with the same part number! It was likely an issue with the service center not noticing the part number change in the system. For example a friend of mine had a similar issue his v3 battery car delivered about a week after mine had a pack failure a few months later after about 1000 miles use. He consulted with me about his issue and in his case the service center was trying to order him the WRONG replacement battery for a v1 car. We pressed back that his car should have the same battery part number as replacement and had to speek to a manager before we got anywhere, however in the end everything was made right! The manager agreed that the wrong part number was ordered and apologized that service had made some error related to the parts system not being updated or something like that... The replacement pack was not only the 1088 he originally had but it was replaced with a NEW pack as well since it was such a low mile car.

Q2 I believe since your friend didn't order his car with ludicrous he received the correct battery for his order. the V3 battery is only for cars ordered with Ludicrous built after June 1 2016

I suspect all the the Insane batteries upgradeable to v1 Ludicrous 1500 amps but not to V3 ludicrous 1600 Amps

Last edited:
Ill see what I can find out for you. This chart was also posted a while back it seems to indicate that pack number is for a refreshed car (after april) without ludicrous likely its an insane pack thats upgradeable to v1 ludicrous 1500 amps.

battery overview.png

What was your original part numbers and what is your new part number?

I have the V1 P90D/L (refreshed - late June 2016 Build), and at 100% SOC, Max Battery On/Ready, using Launch Mode, Range Mode Off, No AC, Mirror In, I only get 458kw with P/N 1063792-00-A and that's with 8.1 - 17.11.10.

I don't have the old number this second, but my new battery is 1088935-01-B.

harmmmm.... just got back from tesla about an unrelated issue. i asked about my repaired battery status and was told my loaner battery is my permanent battery. told them thats interesting as i was told otherwise by multiple people. also the part number inconsistencies, and the diminished output. was told the issue will be "looked into."

• Informative
Reactions: benjiejr