Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90DL HV battery replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys!

Last week my 2015 P90DL got out of battery suddently... i was driving to the SuC with 5% then told me to stop due to no power and from 5% then appeared 0% battery and power off.

I asked SC to check, because i cant trust this way.

They found an imbalance so they told me they were going to change the HV battery, in warranty.

Now im wondering if this change would suppose an upgrade or not... my car had V1 battery. As far as i have been searching at the forum, the P90DL batteries are:

1063792-00-A: V1
1071394-00-A: V2
1088792-00-A: V3

The SC has ordered: 1014116-00-C

My car has a 90kWh, 400VDC battery pack, but the new one SC has ordered seems to be 90kWh, 350VDC... is the right replacement? Im wondering what would mean lowering the voltage. Looks like a downgrade.

Also i have been reading my V1 battery can drain 1500A, and V2/V3 can drain 1600A (with better performance).

Will the 1014116-00-C drain enough for ludicrous mode?

Any info regarding this battery replacement will be apreciated.

Thanks everybody!

Battery replacements are remanufactured (not new) of the same age and energy, or better, as your current battery. You may get a different better battery if none similar to yours is currently available. Your battery will likely be fixed and some other person with a bad battery will get it under warranty.

I would not place much stock in the particular part number they ordered. It seems these days they just use placeholder parts and the actual battery that shows up is based on availability at the refurb center and may or may not match.

My car has a 90kWh, 400VDC battery pack, but the new one SC has ordered seems to be 90kWh, 350VDC... is the right replacement? Im wondering what would mean lowering the voltage. Looks like a downgrade.
You should read this thread. It's all about what you're asking.

That is what they are using for replacements nowdays, but yeah, there's some question if it fully meets the Ludicrous standard or not. Not necessarily a downgrade if you look at several factors. Newer, more reliable, longer range. Those are the positives. The function of the Ludicrous feature was higher output current, and it seems the new battery pack type does give over 1600A, like the older actual Ludicrous battery did. (tested by @rns-e )

Reactions: dark cloud
Yes, so you can see live amperage draw in the top (Battery current), and if you hold it, you will be able to max amperage draw

Not my picture, just for illustration

20210424-jpg.657577

I got the same battery in my 2015 model s p90dL, and still dont know anything about it... would be happy if i knew? Same power? Less? More?
This thread is all about this question of P90DL cars getting this newer kind of 350V battery.

This thread is all about this question of P90DL cars getting this newer kind of 350V battery.

Thanks for the effort, but I already read it and searched all over...
However, in that thread there is the 1014116-00-A, which is not ludicrous compatible, that battery went out first in 2021... then there was a B version in 2022, a now there is a C version which I got. And also the OP got it aswell... so I thought maybe thers have been some changes in the C version.
The OP mentioned he will test it, so thats why im asking.
I mean, I wont change it out, im very happy with it since I came from a chargegated 85, bought the P90DL, battery died after 16 hours of ownership and here I am with a brand new pack under warranty till december.