Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P90DL. No affiliation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2016 Tesla Model S P90D Ludicrous $141k New

No affiliation to this sale, but thought I'd post this up for someone interested in a DL. The price looks really good on the options and the mileage.

I believe it's a dealer, but it was listed under owner!

There is a handful of these under $60K and good bit in the low $60's under Tesla CPO... This one does look clean though

Reactions: byeLT4
I've personally met this dealer and he's a good guy. He focuses on Teslas and usually has anywhere from 9-12 teslas available. He's located out of Pleasanton, CA and I don't want to break any forum rules by posting too much but here's the actual dealer vehicle site for anyone that's interested: Used 2016 Tesla Model S P90D at Luxury Motors-Bay Area - Sometimes the listings have a Carfax attached and the one mentioned above is a one-owner trade-in with no history of accidents.

I don't have any affiliation with this person but I have viewed a few of his cars over the last 3-4 months. I'm not too sure about shipping to out of state folks but he posts stuff in both the Northern and Southern California CL listings. Good luck!

Jeez, In the next year or two they may be going to 50's. That will be an exciting time for me to upgrade..

Wow. Just a week and these 2015's 90dL'ss dropped significantly Screenshot_20190402-200613.png

P100 lease returns coming in?

a couple weeks ago there was a P90DL in NY, 55000 miles for something like 51K. Obviously it was beige though..
It was fully loaded save for Dual Chargers too. Titanium exterior was the only negative but man.... P90DL for $51k. I can't tell you how close I was to pulling the trigger on that bad boy. If it dropped under $50k I was on it like Bubonic. I actually kind of like that color (I've had several vehicles close to that color over the years) but was slightly concerned about resale years down the road. As my good friend put it "That's a cool color, if you're 75 years old"

a couple weeks ago there was a P90DL in NY, 55000 miles for something like 51K. Obviously it was beige though..

Funny. A stealer is offering these for $51k and still see private parties trying to get over $60k for their vehicles. Glad this forum is here to help those to not overpay.

I personally thank TMC on the suggestions. Got a decent deal on my 85d 2 weeks back. Got close to buying some through private, but people wanted way more that what Tesla Used offered.
I personally had a decent experience through Tesla. And the condition was in very good condition. Better yet, they are fixing a non discussed scratch and as a courtesy offered to touch up the disclosed nick on the front bumper. Just wondering if those horrible experiences posted were all made up to encourage buyers to buy through private.... Lol

Funny. A stealer is offering these for $51k and still see private parties trying to get over $60k for their vehicles. Glad this forum is here to help those to not overpay.

I personally thank TMC on the suggestions. Got a decent deal on my 85d 2 weeks back. Got close to buying some through private, but people wanted way more that what Tesla Used offered.
I personally had a decent experience through Tesla. And the condition was in very good condition. Better yet, they are fixing a non discussed scratch and as a courtesy offered to touch up the disclosed nick on the front bumper. Just wondering if those horrible experiences posted were all made up to encourage buyers to buy through private.... Lol
Just know that I've been watching the market for a while now and a $51k P90DL of ANY condition/config through Tesla directly is very rare. Usually the good deals tend to be $5k more than this with premium versions going up from there pretty rapidly in price. At dealerships I've seen one or two at this price and they tend to be salvage repair/rebuilt or of questionable history. I know because I've walked away from a few now that, on paper, seemed like a killer deal.

Just know that I've been watching the market for a while now and a $51k P90DL of ANY condition/config through Tesla directly is very rare. Usually the good deals tend to be $5k more than this with premium versions going up from there pretty rapidly in price. At dealerships I've seen one or two at this price and they tend to be salvage repair/rebuilt or of questionable history. I know because I've walked away from a few now that, on paper, seemed like a killer deal.
Keep in mind that the really cheap ones are the pre-refresh cars because they look so much older and don’t have the any of the updates that also happened with the refresh. A refresh 2016 is much more valuable than the early ‘16’s. On top of that the Titanium color is always hard to sell and is almost always the cheapest car available. I don’t mind the color myself but wouldn’t choose it if buying new and would never own a one because of the much lower eventual resale value. I’ve even heard Titanium called "baby poop" color many times.

Keep in mind that the really cheap ones are the pre-refresh cars because they look so much older and don’t have the any of the updates that also happened with the refresh. A refresh 2016 is much more valuable than the early ‘16’s. On top of that the Titanium color is always hard to sell and is almost always the cheapest car available. I don’t mind the color myself but wouldn’t choose it if buying new and would never own a one because of the much lower eventual resale value. I’ve even heard Titanium called "baby poop" color many times.
Keep in mind that ANY car can be a good deal regardless of pre-fresh, re-fresh, desirable color or not. Just like you can overspend on a car that is refresh and a desirable color to where you'll NEVER recoup the extra you paid for it even being more desirable. If you buy a clean P90DL that's titanium brown and loaded for $50k and your buddy bought a Red, Black or white P90DL that was also loaded but paid $74k who do you think will fare better in resale four years later?

Keep in mind that ANY car can be a good deal regardless of pre-fresh, re-fresh, desirable color or not. Just like you can overspend on a car that is refresh and a desirable color to where you'll NEVER recoup the extra you paid for it even being more desirable. If you buy a clean P90DL that's titanium brown and loaded for $50k and your buddy bought a Red, Black or white P90DL that was also loaded but paid $74k who do you think will fare better in resale four years later?
Resale value is part of the equation but why buy something just because it’s a good deal? You kinda have to want to enjoy living with it also, then sell it down the road.

Resale value is part of the equation but why buy something just because it’s a good deal? You kinda have to want to enjoy living with it also, then sell it down the road.

As I stated, I personally don't mind the color. It wouldn't be my first choice but exterior color is highly subjective anyway. What I love another may hate so when you vehicle shop it's best to have a top three of colors and go for the best deal within that range. In the end some people are willing to pay/lose more to get a car that is exactly the color they want but I'm not. I'd prefer get my 2nd or even 3rd exterior color choice if it means saving thousands of dollars.

If I absolutely hate white for instance I probably wouldn't buy it to drive around for years unless it was an incredible deal. That being said, if the deal was right, I'd wrap the car in a full-wrap with a color I prefer while I owned it and help protect the paint underneath at the same time. Resale years down the road would still put me in a better position than had I overpaid for the perfect color today.

As a side note, I've owned vehicles over the years that weren't the first color I set out to find and ended up loving them anyway. Not everyone's buying motivations are the same.